It was not easy to find this hotel. Mostly because (at this point of time) we were unfamiliar with the area and the roads. Also, this was a very new hotel, relatively unknown to most taxi drivers. Our driver circled the area a few times before he figured out that the hotel was actually on a tiny slip road that was also part of Austin Avenue. On top of it, the main entrance and the name 'Residence G' did not stand out. One really has to look to find the hotel name 'Residence G'.
The facade may not look much, but it is a really nice hotel. One factor that attracted us was the fact that it was new, this equaled to new decor, facilities, and amenities. Over the next few days, we came to realize how truly great this little hotel is.
The walkway from the entrance to the main door was narrow but enough to fit one person with luggage in tow. The lobby was currently on the 3rd floor (which we believe to be temporary). Even then, it was beautifully furnished, modern, contemporary, and the staff were very friendly.
After a quick check in, we proceeded to our rooms. We were very pleasantly surprised! While not large, it was spacious enough. Very clever use of space. The decor was modern and contemporary, clean and stylish. The welcome note with two bottles of water and two tubes of gummy bears were a nice touch. Every day, the rooms were well kept, and very clean.
We loved the complimentary Wi-Fi!
We loved the plugs and ports for all our high-tech stuff to connect with!
We loved the morning breakfast! Coffee was great! Muffins, croissants, etc were yummy!
We loved the Rain Shower! So good to come back to the room after a long day, and have a ‘shower in the rain’.
We would have given 'Excellent' rating, but we would love for Residence G to have a higher standard to aspire to.
So here are a few points to improve on:
1. Security Card System - Few times our friends staying at Room 11-01 were locked out because the card was not working. This is frustrating, especially after a long day out, and we just wanna shower and rest.
2. Complimentary Daily Newpaper - stated in your sales brochure. But we never received any during our 5 day/4 night stay.
3. Introduction to Hotel - We noticed, a few days later, that new guests upon arrival received personal attention, with one of the staff explaining about the hotel and the facilities/amenities available. We were never given that. So actually, we did not know about the breakfast. We only happen to find out because we wanted to have coffee the 2nd day morning. Also, we were unaware of services like Pillow Menu (only found out when we returned and visited your website again), phone to assist tourists to find dining and shopping, etc. I was even surprised when I noticed the gym, and I only noticed it when we had breakfast at the patio.
Overall, we still love this hotel, and we would come back when we visit Hong Kong again. Once again, we would like to mention that we appreciate the very helpful & friendly staff. Hopefully, this time the above kinks are ironed out, please? :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence G Hong Kong is a vibrant lifestyle hotel, industrial design inspired with a subtle urban accent equaling understated glamour and in-vogue atmosphere. It reflects the rhythms of metropolitan Hong Kong with cutting edge guest rooms and loft.Situated in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, Residence G is a short 5 minutes walk to both Jordan and Tsim Sha Tsui MTR stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Residence G Hong Kong (by Hotel G) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence G Hong Kong (By Hotel G)