“Fantastic ambience, amazing food, incredible service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Souvla

Souvla
Ranked #2,107 of 7,933 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central
Hong Kong
“Fantastic ambience, amazing food, incredible service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Foodies in Hong Kong are spoilt with another great restaurant from Concept Creations, the guys behind Chicha. I didn't know it at first, and when I walked into the restaurant I was surprised to see the waiters and staff from Chicha at Souvla! They greeted me enthusiastically, of course, and even without a reservation they promptly showed me to a table. (Note: It was about 9:00pm on a weekday; I doubt you will get away with this on a weekend!)

The layout of the restaurant is split into a bar/bistro-ish setting at the front (counter seats and high tables and chairs), followed by proper tables inside with dim lighting. The tables are either long tables (meant to be shared with other guests) or round ones (which seat about 4-5). The vibe was fantastic; there is a real energy in this place which is hard to beat. It makes it a good choice to come with friends for a night out.

As for the food - it was impeccable. We had the Saganaki, a baked Greek cheese, which came on a sizzling hot iron plate with lemon wedges on the side. Be careful when handling the lemons! The cheese was sublime, and a perfect starter. We also had some hummus and pita bread. The hummus was delish and my only gripe was that it was too small a portion.

For mains we ordered the Patagonian toothfish (aka Chilean sea bass). It is an amazing fish, and Souvla imports them from sustainable fisheries. That slab of fish was pure umami-ness. Buttery, smooth and dense - so much flavour! We also had the grilled octopus salad, as well as the Greek salad. Both are spot-on.

To round it off, the fried ice-cream was ordered for dessert. I am a huge dessert person but this dish was enough for two people! The caramel sauce complemented the fried ice-cream "skin" perfectly.

Although it is a little pricey, it is to be expected for a great restaurant in the middle of LKF. Remember that there is no service charge, so tip accordingly!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank greenflubber

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
“Delicious Greek food in cool setting smack in middle of lkf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Another great restaurant from the frites/tapeo/chicha team. Authentic Greek food - the saganaki fried cheese was fabulous, the taramasalata and octopus excellent! My husband loved the lamb and deserts rocked! A little on the pricey side for the mains but quality of food was perfect. The bar is cool too! We'll be back!

• Visited September 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my experience last week at Souvla. It was a simple meal but huge to the point that i barely finished the food. I had the daily set including the bar appetizer and the chicken Souvla.
It is too bad that they have one visit only to the salad bar. I wanted to try more dishes. I will be back soon for another wonderful meal.
Service was good for hong kong standard. Everybody was smiling and friendly. The chef is a nice guy, he came twice to our table checking if everything is ok. Ad the end, we paid a very decent bill around $200 HKD per person.
I will come back soon. Hope they will stay the same for a long time.

• Visited September 2013