In a full booked hotel sometimes you are unlucky and the room is not available when you arrive. We had bad luck. Our room was still occupied, and we had to wait 2 hrs. We had a 12 hrs flight, when we arrived. But we were well informed by a nice receptionist. The area is a good area to stay, that means we went for a coffee and some shopping. Waiting was not that bad.
The room, had this so called "frozen windows". We were aware of that, it was not a surpise, but we can imagine that if you do not know this you will be very surprised. For us it was no problem at all. A small room but we had everything we needed. It was well clean, and housekeeping was doing it best. Everyday they changed the sheets and towels. When we came back after a "day Hongkong", we came in a pleasant and comfartable room.
About the breakfest we were not satisfied. The Continental breakfest was poor and expensive, the buffet was not great. Simple. We made the choise to have breakfest in the city. The Continental hotel is in a pleasant area. Shops, shops, restaurants and subway nearby. Good location!!!
Our last day we could have the room untill 15.00 hrs, cause we had a late departure back to the Netherlands.
They did not hurry us, and gave us all the time untill the check-out time. Suitcases was taking care of. So you see for us it was a good choise to stay in the Continental.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong has completed a top-to-bottom overhaul to all its 454 rooms and suites and the hotel lobby. The new lobby welcomes guest with an unexpectedly playful vibe which is apparent on the design elements aimed to captivate one's senses. Each of the newly refurbished room, on the other hand, adopts a meticulous theme including the East-meets-West Victorian and classic Oriental and sleek-contemporary designs to name a few. Refurbished rooms offer a majestic view of the race course adjacent to the hotel, while the redesigned bathrooms feature a refreshing rain shower experience. Every Friday, hotel guests are welcome to join the 'Dorsett Wine Hour' at the lobby during which free flow of wine and canapés are provided. For the kids, there is also a colourfully decorated Candy Bar filled with sweet treats. With a lively neighborhood to explore and a dynamic address amid Wan Chai and Causeway Bay, there is a subway station only an eight-minute stroll away. All hotel guests will be given a specially designed 'Eat & Shop Like A Local' booklet which covers a host of local-recommended eateries and shopping spots in the hotel's neighbourhood, offering guests an authentic Hong Kong experience. The hotel also offers scheduled shuttle services to 16 destinations including Causeway Bay, Wanchai, Central, Admiralty, Quarry Bay and Taikoo. Every guestroom features a portable smart phone for free use inside and outside of the hotel, offering unlimited 3G internet supported by Wi-Fi hotspot sharing function, free local and IDD calls to 9 select countries including Australia, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, UK and US. Other facilities include a gymnasium, meeting rooms accommodating up to 200 delegates, a refurbished bar on the lobby level and Dining House serving Cantonese cuisine. Dorsett Wanchai is an environmentally friendly "green" hotel with a 100% smoke-free policy. It is also an Earthcheck Bronze Benchmarked Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong