This is a very nice hotel and seems to be popular with all age ranges.
The rooms are very nice and we had a decent view. Very friendly staff.
One note of caution - queue early for breakfast! We queued for around half an hour to be seated - we saw others walk in, grab some food and take it to there rooms, so that option may also be worth considering. The breakfast itself is a reasonable buffet, nothing out of the ordinary.
The hotel is in a decent location, with the hotels shuttle bus leaving around every 30 minutes to some main destinations. There is also a bus stop a few minutes walk from the hotel which will get you to all of the main hotspots with 20 minutes - also very cheap.
Victoria peaks cable cars - queue early, unless you want to queue for hours. Another option is to take the bus, which you don't have to queue long for at all.
Big buddha - It's worth visiting, but get there as early as possible. We got to the queue around 12pm, and got on the cable car around 2pm - depending on the time of year, you may also want to wrap up warm as the queue is outdoors. We opted for the bus ride back down because we didn't want to queue again!
Try to walk away from main roads and experience some of the smaller streets for some authentic living - you'll also get some great photo ops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong has completed a top-to-bottom overhaul to all its 454 rooms and suites and the hotel lobby. The new lobby welcomes guest with an unexpectedly playful vibe which is apparent on the design elements aimed to captivate one's senses. Each of the newly refurbished room, on the other hand, adopts a meticulous theme including the East-meets-West Victorian and classic Oriental and sleek-contemporary designs to name a few. Refurbished rooms offer a majestic view of the race course adjacent to the hotel, while the redesigned bathrooms feature a refreshing rain shower experience. Every Friday, hotel guests are welcome to join the 'Dorsett Wine Hour' at the lobby during which free flow of wine and canapés are provided. For the kids, there is also a colourfully decorated Candy Bar filled with sweet treats. With a lively neighborhood to explore and a dynamic address amid Wan Chai and Causeway Bay, there is a subway station only an eight-minute stroll away. All hotel guests will be given a specially designed 'Eat & Shop Like A Local' booklet which covers a host of local-recommended eateries and shopping spots in the hotel's neighbourhood, offering guests an authentic Hong Kong experience. The hotel also offers scheduled shuttle services to 16 destinations including Causeway Bay, Wanchai, Central, Admiralty, Quarry Bay and Taikoo. Every guestroom features a portable smart phone for free use inside and outside of the hotel, offering unlimited 3G internet supported by Wi-Fi hotspot sharing function, free local and IDD calls to 9 select countries including Australia, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, UK and US. Other facilities include a gymnasium, meeting rooms accommodating up to 200 delegates, a refurbished bar on the lobby level and Dining House serving Cantonese cuisine. Dorsett Wanchai is an environmentally friendly "green" hotel with a 100% smoke-free policy. It is also an Earthcheck Bronze Benchmarked Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong