We stayed for 4D/3N for a conference which we held in the venue right infront of the hotel. Very nice proximity as you just need to walk across to the other side of the street using the underground tunnel. But other than this reason, I'd say this hotel is inconvenient. Its quite far from the MTR Station (Wanchai and Causeway Bay Stations, for a first timer to stay in Wanchai District, I got disoriented!) and one has to take and grab the free shuttle services which the hotel provides. I mean its a good option but if you're in a hurry, you need to wait for the next shuttle time. The bus will take you to main points of destination like Admiralty MTR Station, Times Square and Central MTR Station. What is also hard is the way returning to the hotel. If you're not too adventurous, of course taking the MTR Station would be the best idea and if you're coming from Causeway Bay or Wanchai Stations, that would be too tiring and dreadful because its a quite a long walk (approx 10 minutes). Another let down is the smell of the restroom. Awful. The smell comes from the shower curtain, like it was not washed well. ALTHOUGH, the staff were very accommodating. That's one balance that made our stay good. Very helpful. I'm commending the concierge, Front Desk and Housekeeping staff. They were warm and respectful.But i did notice the Food and Beverage staff who manned the Breakfast Restaurant. I mean they should be trained more. They're facing foreigners who are very keen in customer service. It's not the typical restaurant, it's a hotel restaurant outlet. Simply put, its the people who work for the Front Desk, Concierge and Housekeeping who should be commended. Other than these, better research more and look for another hotel closer to MTR Station and commercial outlets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong has completed a top-to-bottom overhaul to all its 454 rooms and suites and the hotel lobby. The new lobby welcomes guest with an unexpectedly playful vibe which is apparent on the design elements aimed to captivate one's senses. Each of the newly refurbished room, on the other hand, adopts a meticulous theme including the East-meets-West Victorian and classic Oriental and sleek-contemporary designs to name a few. Refurbished rooms offer a majestic view of the race course adjacent to the hotel, while the redesigned bathrooms feature a refreshing rain shower experience. Every Friday, hotel guests are welcome to join the 'Dorsett Wine Hour' at the lobby during which free flow of wine and canapés are provided. For the kids, there is also a colourfully decorated Candy Bar filled with sweet treats. With a lively neighborhood to explore and a dynamic address amid Wan Chai and Causeway Bay, there is a subway station only an eight-minute stroll away. All hotel guests will be given a specially designed 'Eat & Shop Like A Local' booklet which covers a host of local-recommended eateries and shopping spots in the hotel's neighbourhood, offering guests an authentic Hong Kong experience. The hotel also offers scheduled shuttle services to 16 destinations including Causeway Bay, Wanchai, Central, Admiralty, Quarry Bay and Taikoo. Every guestroom features a portable smart phone for free use inside and outside of the hotel, offering unlimited 3G internet supported by Wi-Fi hotspot sharing function, free local and IDD calls to 9 select countries including Australia, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, UK and US. Other facilities include a gymnasium, meeting rooms accommodating up to 200 delegates, a refurbished bar on the lobby level and Dining House serving Cantonese cuisine. Dorsett Wanchai is an environmentally friendly "green" hotel with a 100% smoke-free policy. It is also an Earthcheck Bronze Benchmarked Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong