Stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hong Kong in late January 2013. A decent hotel which covers the basics.
They advertise shuttle buses that take you to different locations in Hong Kong - however, it's a long wait in between buses so sometimes you're better off taking a taxi. Then, there is the amount of people waiting for the shuttle bus - so it could get quite full (both in the bus and the lobby).
The room we stayed in had only a shower and no bath tub - and, then sadly, a SHOWER CURTAIN covering a very very very small shower area. Not what I expected from a hotel.
They also provided liquid soap in tubes, which was actually quite weird?
That said, the view was pretty cool - we had a nice view of the racetrack. The staff were overall nice and helpful (tho sometimes the staff managing the shuttle buses/transportation can be quite grumpy - no surprise there, with the amount of people they deal with each day trying to ensure they get a seat on a small shuttle).
Location-wise, the hotel is a bit of a walk to Times Square and other city locations, so expect to travel a lot by taxi unless you're happy to wait for the shuttle bus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong has completed a top-to-bottom overhaul to all its 454 rooms and suites and the hotel lobby. The new lobby welcomes guest with an unexpectedly playful vibe which is apparent on the design elements aimed to captivate one's senses. Each of the newly refurbished room, on the other hand, adopts a meticulous theme including the East-meets-West Victorian and classic Oriental and sleek-contemporary designs to name a few. Refurbished rooms offer a majestic view of the race course adjacent to the hotel, while the redesigned bathrooms feature a refreshing rain shower experience. Every Friday, hotel guests are welcome to join the 'Dorsett Wine Hour' at the lobby during which free flow of wine and canapés are provided. For the kids, there is also a colourfully decorated Candy Bar filled with sweet treats. With a lively neighborhood to explore and a dynamic address amid Wan Chai and Causeway Bay, there is a subway station only an eight-minute stroll away. All hotel guests will be given a specially designed 'Eat & Shop Like A Local' booklet which covers a host of local-recommended eateries and shopping spots in the hotel's neighbourhood, offering guests an authentic Hong Kong experience. The hotel also offers scheduled shuttle services to 16 destinations including Causeway Bay, Wanchai, Central, Admiralty, Quarry Bay and Taikoo. Every guestroom features a portable smart phone for free use inside and outside of the hotel, offering unlimited 3G internet supported by Wi-Fi hotspot sharing function, free local and IDD calls to 9 select countries including Australia, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, UK and US. Other facilities include a gymnasium, meeting rooms accommodating up to 200 delegates, a refurbished bar on the lobby level and Dining House serving Cantonese cuisine. Dorsett Wanchai is an environmentally friendly "green" hotel with a 100% smoke-free policy. It is also an Earthcheck Bronze Benchmarked Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong