No, I don't mean us. The room and was filthy. We upgraded (ourselves) to a suite because the regular room was so tired and dingy. It was better but I was shocked at how rough it was. First, let me say that we have lived in HK so we know the range of cleanliness to expect and we are well travelled, so this is not an exaggerated comment. We loved the complimentary water next to the dried noodles stuck to the wall and sink.
We also took issue with the poor quality food at breakfast. It was the same thing that you can warm up in the 7 eleven microwave. In Asia, let alone HK, this is not acceptable.
Finally, the location. Can't believe we made this mistake. Yeah you can walk to the MTR but what an unpleasant start to your morning and if you have a family as we did or have appointments, good luck getting a taxi.
To sum up: it's cheap! but consider the drawbacks. Nuff said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong has completed a top-to-bottom overhaul to all its 454 rooms and suites and the hotel lobby. The new lobby welcomes guest with an unexpectedly playful vibe which is apparent on the design elements aimed to captivate one's senses. Each of the newly refurbished room, on the other hand, adopts a meticulous theme including the East-meets-West Victorian and classic Oriental and sleek-contemporary designs to name a few. Refurbished rooms offer a majestic view of the race course adjacent to the hotel, while the redesigned bathrooms feature a refreshing rain shower experience. Every Friday, hotel guests are welcome to join the 'Dorsett Wine Hour' at the lobby during which free flow of wine and canapés are provided. For the kids, there is also a colourfully decorated Candy Bar filled with sweet treats. With a lively neighborhood to explore and a dynamic address amid Wan Chai and Causeway Bay, there is a subway station only an eight-minute stroll away. All hotel guests will be given a specially designed 'Eat & Shop Like A Local' booklet which covers a host of local-recommended eateries and shopping spots in the hotel's neighbourhood, offering guests an authentic Hong Kong experience. The hotel also offers scheduled shuttle services to 16 destinations including Causeway Bay, Wanchai, Central, Admiralty, Quarry Bay and Taikoo. Every guestroom features a portable smart phone for free use inside and outside of the hotel, offering unlimited 3G internet supported by Wi-Fi hotspot sharing function, free local and IDD calls to 9 select countries including Australia, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, UK and US. Other facilities include a gymnasium, meeting rooms accommodating up to 200 delegates, a refurbished bar on the lobby level and Dining House serving Cantonese cuisine. Dorsett Wanchai is an environmentally friendly "green" hotel with a 100% smoke-free policy. It is also an Earthcheck Bronze Benchmarked Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong