Located opposite the Happy Valley Stadium and within 10-15min walking distance of Times Square this hotel is a must for those travelling to HK but can't quite afford luxury hotel prices. Staff were faultless in their customer service, from the very helpful bellboys to the Hotel Manager Ronald Cheung, who even provided complimentary chocolates for our room for Chinese New Year and gave comprehensive information on the best restaurants in the area.
In short, the positives:
* Excellent and helpful staff at all levels
* Decent sized room with excellent pillows and bed quality (size and comfort)
* Bathroom was clean, decent shower and all toiletries provided
* Excellent breakfast with just about every choice imagineable (dim sum, congee, continental style pastries, breads, meats and cheese, cereals, english-style cooked breakfast, waffles and pancakes)
* Good location within 10-15mins walk of Times Square (and metro links)
* Didn't use the complimentary shuttle bus but this was always around and timetable clearly labelled in lift lobby
* Our room didn't have a bath - that said, some rooms may do and if that is important then contact the hotel as some rooms may have
* No free wi-fi in room - only free wi-fi in lobby/restaurant which is a shame. That said, this is common in HK and in some luxury hotels it is not free at all, so credit to the Cosmopolitan for offering it free in some areas.
* Could have done with a slightly bigger wardrobe area/some drawers for our clothes (a minor quibble)
* Get a room with a Causeway Bay view - the view is impressive and rear-facing rooms (i'm told) have frosted windows.
* Pay the extra in advance for the breakfast, which for us was worth it.
Great mid-budget hotel close to the action and transport links. Clean, efficient and attentive service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong has completed a top-to-bottom overhaul to all its 454 rooms and suites and the hotel lobby. The new lobby welcomes guest with an unexpectedly playful vibe which is apparent on the design elements aimed to captivate one's senses. Each of the newly refurbished room, on the other hand, adopts a meticulous theme including the East-meets-West Victorian and classic Oriental and sleek-contemporary designs to name a few. Refurbished rooms offer a majestic view of the race course adjacent to the hotel, while the redesigned bathrooms feature a refreshing rain shower experience. Every Friday, hotel guests are welcome to join the 'Dorsett Wine Hour' at the lobby during which free flow of wine and canapés are provided. For the kids, there is also a colourfully decorated Candy Bar filled with sweet treats. With a lively neighborhood to explore and a dynamic address amid Wan Chai and Causeway Bay, there is a subway station only an eight-minute stroll away. All hotel guests will be given a specially designed 'Eat & Shop Like A Local' booklet which covers a host of local-recommended eateries and shopping spots in the hotel's neighbourhood, offering guests an authentic Hong Kong experience. The hotel also offers scheduled shuttle services to 16 destinations including Causeway Bay, Wanchai, Central, Admiralty, Quarry Bay and Taikoo. Every guestroom features a portable smart phone for free use inside and outside of the hotel, offering unlimited 3G internet supported by Wi-Fi hotspot sharing function, free local and IDD calls to 9 select countries including Australia, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, UK and US. Other facilities include a gymnasium, meeting rooms accommodating up to 200 delegates, a refurbished bar on the lobby level and Dining House serving Cantonese cuisine. Dorsett Wanchai is an environmentally friendly "green" hotel with a 100% smoke-free policy. It is also an Earthcheck Bronze Benchmarked Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Hong Kong
- Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong