“Best in town”

Ranked #129 of 12,877 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
Description: A buzzy, neighbourhood style restaurant & bar opened in July 2013 featuring Isaan cuisine and a great selection of beers and drinks. A place not just to eat, but also to hang out at the end of the day. Originating from the 'Isaan' region, this cuisine has a raw, down to earthiness about it that is rarely found in other regions. Focusing on grilled meats and fish prepared on the charcoal pit, Chachawan's menu offers distinctive and wholesome 'Isaan' style dishes that pack a punch of flavours. No reservations, no service charge.
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at Traveloge hotel and this Thai restaurant was opposite to us. I didn’t pay much attention but my local friend told me to try this famous Thai restaurant. So glad we did! I didn’t have such a gourmet Thai for years. It is a must! We sat on a bar table in front of the kitchen, which I love because I can see all the spices and dressings are fresh and crashed immediately, watch the cooking. We ordered 2 salads and the fish dish (most expensive one but absolutely worth it)! See my photos. I cannot wait to go back again if I visit Hongkong again. No reservation, come early. We were here on a Wednesday at around 6:30-7:00pm.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

After wanting to come here for ages, we finally did yesterday and were bowled over by how far it didn’t live up to what we were expecting. The atmosphere was fine - small, cosy, busy. But the food sadly fell short of the mark of what you would expect of Isaan food. The pork salad was soggy and straight out of a frying pan and the others dishes underwhelmed as well. As other reviews mention, the barbecue chicken was good. Overall impression: great potential and clearly popular but perhaps standards are beginning to slip.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

We arrived into HK on Christmas Eve and wanted somewhere amazing to eat . My partner had eat here lots of times before so he called and made a very last minute reservation as it was around 10p.m.
Although the restaurants told him they about to close they offered to stay open for us - that’s amazing service especially on Christmas Eve.
When we arrived we were indeed the only diners and it felt sort of nice that it was our own private restaurant.
The food was outstanding and cooked to order and to be honest one of the best meals we eat over our whole vacation.

Thank you again for making us feel special and giving us an unforgettable memory

Happy New Year

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 31, 2018

Stopped by for a quick lunch. The Tom Yum Gai Ban soup hit the spot on a cold day. Warm and spicy with a sour kick, it was absolutely delicious. A mango sticky rice as dessert rounded off the meal beautifully. Staff are always friendly, welcoming and cheerful.

Date of visit: January 2019
Juniorboma, General Manager at Chachawan, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

Hi,

Thank you for your nice review.
Happy New Year 2019 and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2018

We ended eating here on a rainy night when we didnt want to walk to far. I was very surprised. The food is really good and the portion size is not too bad. Though it is a little expensive but I guess all of HK is like that. Would highly recommend if your looking for some good Thai food

Date of visit: December 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your nice review.
Happy New Year 2019 and we hope to see you soon.