“Quick meaty dinner with dessert”

Outback Steakhouse(TST Centre)
Ranked #1,004 of 13,474 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

With kids in tow, we happy meat eaters had our fill of Porterhouse steak, spring chicken, baby back ribs with all the usual sides. The Porterhouse was bit rare for a medium, so we sent it back to be cooked a little more (probably because of the bone). All was tasty, but they could give a bit more sauce for the steaks. We also had a chicken Caesar salad which was tasted fine although the lettuce could have been a bit fresher.

The green apple and carrot drink was pretty enough for a child to get excited over and forget that it was not a fizzy drink, so a thumbs up. Now, dessert. The Thunder from Down Under is a definite winner for those dessert lovers. I thought it would be overly sweet but the chocolate brownie was pleasantly nutty which was a good combination with all the ice cream and chocolate sauce. It is big enough to share between two/three if everyone's too full from the mains. Don't miss it out- try at least one!

Just a note, the kids were happily colouring and busy with the kids 'booklet/menu', for a while anyway. One thing I'd like to see improved is the cleanliness of the plates. We sent most of the plates that were first set on the table back, and then sent a few more of the replacements back. I had the same problem in the Wanchai branch last month. Maybe it's a dishwashing issue so check before you use.

We were finished in about an hour and a half and ready to hand the table back. The food comes quickly and efficiently.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed April 30, 2016

Outback are normally very good which is why I decided to eat here.

The restaurant was at about 40% capacity and I was seated immediately. Beer arrived quickly but the starter, a Bloomin' Onion, took about 15 minutes and was soggy and oily. Disappointing.
The salad made up for the onion but still took quite a while to get served. I ordered a glass of wine off the menu and waited over 10 minutes for it, by which time I had finished my meal.
After another 5 minutes I had to resort to waving my arms in the air to get the bill!

At HK$380 per person I should have gone to Wooloomooloo downstairs!

I would hate to see this place when they are busy.

Will I go again? Maybe give them a chance if someone else is paying.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed December 28, 2015

This restaurant was near our hotel and we went there twice during the week we were in Hong Kong. It is upstairs in the TST Centre and I much prefer a ground floor restaurant with the choice of outside seating, but if you are hungry and want a 'value for money' meal then this is ideal.
Unless I am going to a top class restaurant I do not choose steak and here I ordered Ribs and my wife had Chicken. That is not to say Outback does not serve excellent Steaks; they certainly looked good on the other tables, but we did not try them. Unless you have a good appetite you probably do not need a starter as the portions are generous.
The food was good and the drinks were very competitively priced. Outback was the best value for money restaurant we visited. We have visited their restaurants in the USA as well and we have never been disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed December 9, 2015

The food was good and the service was friendly. But when I asked to order a glass of wine, I was told they couldn't serve alcohol. I pointed to the fully stocked bar and the waiter and apologized and said they could't serve alcohol.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed October 29, 2015

Busy but not surprising as their lunchtime set priced menu was very good value. Choice if main course plus soup and salad with a tea or coffee or soda.
staff were very helpful and friendly.

Date of visit: October 2015