All reviewsprivate bathroomrooms are cleanwithin walking distancebooked roomslocationshoppinghkmtrelevatorluggageslippers
Reviewed June 11, 2017

Location was fantastic, right within walking distance of the HK markets and very close to the MTR. Hostel was super clean (even if not new) and towels were provided and changed everyday! (truly great service for a hostel) Staff were friendly and helpful and air-con worked a blast, which was great considering how hot HK gets in summer. Considering the price, and the room size (for HK where rooms are generally tiny) this was really value for money!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Ryan_C_Alohas, Owner at Alohas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dearest Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.
To provide guests with the highest quality service and comfortable accommodation has always been the goal of Alohas hostel.

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Great location near MTR, food and shopping. Service was friendly and helpful. My twin room was comfortable and I love the small touches like welcome snack, wall paintings and soft toys! It's tucked away in a commercial building with 1 lift but it's easy to find and security was good.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank JTeo
Ryan_C_Alohas, General Manager at Alohas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2017

Reviewed February 12, 2017

I helped my nephews and his friend to book this place after going through reviews in TA and I found this place has very positive comments from TA and the location is Top Notch and the price range is reasonable at HKD650 per night for a family room but with bath tub. Now, it is small but to be expected because one is in the Golden area of this part of HKG but for these three young men, they are out and about early morning and did not come back to sleep till after 11 pm every night, I urged them to stay here instead of splurging on the other hotels in this area for twice the price. We booked direct through their website and I instructed them to get hold of the hostel via email prior to leaving for HKG as to how to get tom the hostel from the Ferry Terminal as my nephews and friend flied to Macau first for 2 nights before taking the ferry to HKG. The front desk called Karen is very helpful in the email and provided them lots of infor. Now, if you are like these young men that leave early morning and come back late, please ask the front desk for key to unlock the door, otherwise, you will be lock out most of the time. Room is clean and towels replenished daily! The front desk always helpful and they sell Disneyland, Ocean Park tix and SIM card too at discounted price. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that for young people like my nephews to buy the Macau/HKG Iventure Pass from Klook.com(offer discounted rate) or iventurecard.com before arriving in Macau/HKG. Best is to arrive in HKG to take advantage of getting the free SIM card and Disneyland tix(just pay an additional fee to get the pass but is cheaper than the one offered any where else).
Strongly recommend this hostel and I hope the management of this hostel will CONSISTENTLY provide this excellent level of service and keep do not increase the price if at all possible!

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank starofjupiter

Reviewed January 30, 2017

We moved at Alohas Hostel on our 3rd day in Hong Kong. By that time, we were starting to feel the physical tension of being always on the move. Whilst we enjoyed our dormitory stay at our first hostel, Alohas was a welcome change of setting and pace. It is located at the 7th floor of a residential building pretty similar with most (if not all) hostels in the city. It is pretty small with only around 7 rooms but the place is really homey and quiet. As I said, a pleasant change in pace as we stayed in a private room with two separate beds. Seeing the room made me feel like instantly getting some rest.

I love that it has private toilet and they provide toiletries and towel too. Hot shower is easy to operate. Bed was very comfortable and there is tv too although my roommate only opened set in a local channel with language we cannot understand so as to fill the void. It is also pretty much strategic in terms of location as it is only a few meters away from MTR Jordan location. The surrounding area is also very alive with shopping and dining. Pretty busy place. We found some nice dining spaces nearby and shopped for a few clothes and snacks too. Receptionists are very nice. I hot to meet three of them during our stay and they were all smiles. At night nobody was at the reception but the place is secure with electronic key lock, cctv and a guard at the ground floor entrance. I just have a little issue with the elevator as it gets broken sometimes. One time we had to take the stairs up and it was pretty tiring. Other than that, we were very happy with our choice of Alohas hostel as our home for two nights. I Will Keep Coming Back to This Hostel!

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Alohas Hostel for 4days/3nights. I booked room for 3 people. The room is big enough for 3 adults and enough space for our luggages. They also provided hair dryer and towel in each room. Staff is friendly and allow us to leave our luggage after checkout, so we can go shopping without the hassle of luggage.
I will recommend this hostel to others for sure.

However, one thing that really annoy me is that they don't provide floor towel in the bathroom. After a shower, the floor is wet and make me very uncomfortable. If they improve this, this place will be 10/10

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends

Dearest Valued guest,

Thank you for your comment about the bathroom,we provide the floor towel for request now.