All reviews nathan road private bathroom money changers bus stop rooms are clean within walking distance booked rooms easy access mtr station jordan location shopping airport hk comforter elevator luggage
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We spent almost 8 nights at the hostel and we basically stayed 2 different double bed room. The room attached with bathroom. One of the double bed room equipped bigger bath room with bath tub. The standard bathroom is small. Location wise is good, 1 mins walk to Jordan MTR station. next to hostel have bakery / toast shop for breakfast. Nearby attraction like temple street is walking distance. You can get cosmetic stuff around there in Bonjour or Sasa. Reasonable price and cheap for perfume :)

Room tip: check with the reception to have a double bed room with bigger bath room (with bath tub). If you sensitive on noise then you may opt for rooms that not facing the street.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ryan_C_Alohas, General Manager at Alohas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2017

Dearest Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.
To provide guests with the highest quality service and comfortable accommodation has always been the goal of Alohas hostel.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I am from Singapore. And I agree this is a good price compared to the location. I got to spend one night only as I have other plans.
This hotel provides the flexibility and I look forwards for future stay.

Date of stay: February 2014
1  Thank ervin2014

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My friends and I spent 4 nights at this hostel and it offers good value. Room is bit small but I had a clean room with wifi. I would recommend for a short-stay. Hostel staffs are friendly and willing to help with any questions. I would like to highlight that the hostel is nearby eateries such as the Australian Dairy Company, Mak Man Kee Noodle Shop and Temple street market.

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Karen_Yien

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've been there for business meeting.

Although it's not the cheapest, we want a convenient place with clean & tidy. This one looks great and easy to go - yes, it is. The airport bus could go to their site directly (~1hr) and we only need 1 minute to walk to metro station.

It's a bit pack comparing with hotel (well, the hotel next to it almost 30% higher..) , yet, comparing with those guesthouse I have been, it's already the best - we've a table & chair to place the documents, notebook and snacks - so far, it's the only guesthouse I have been that come with that. I think the size is fit for 2 men.

After chat with their staff (Shirley!?), realized some of the rooms have bathtub. Would try that if I go there again with my wife.

Luckily that I entitled for the $1 SIM card offer. It helped me to save some roaming charges. Shirley also recommended some local foods nearby, the French toast was so great. Will try that next time. She also asked us if we need extra blanket and helped us to call taxi to airport. Really appreciate for their service.

It would be one of my top choices for the coming Hong Kong trip.

Room tip: Their family room got 2 beds (1 Queen + 1 Single) + bathtub. If budget OK, could book that for twin room.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald L

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. The best aspect of this hostel is its brilliant location. As soon as you step out of the building you are on Nathan Road and it is very close to Jordan MTR station exit C1. It is also close to nearby eateries such as the Australian Dairy Company, Mak Man Kee Noodle Shop and Temple street market. Mongkok is within walking distance of the hostel.

We stayed in the twin room with two single bunk beds. We though the room was quite small and cramped. It had one window which did not offer much light. The beds itself were ok, they were quite clean, but too short for a 6ft person. You can also get new clean towels everyday. The bathroom is tiny - the toilet, sink and shower are all cramped into a very small room. You have to shower over the toilet. The worst part was that the bathroom smelled really bad. The ventilator fan didn't seem to work, in fact it seemed to blow some other rooms air INTO ours. I would not recommend staying in the twin rooms because of its size and bathroom.

There are a number of other rooms that we had a quick peek at as they were vacant. The deluxe double rooms or family rooms were a little bigger, were well lit and their bathrooms were reasonable - these rooms were much better than our own! If you book this hostel, you should try for these rooms if they are affordable. The place is manned by one person usually and they are very helpful and speak good English. The hostel seems safe because of their presence and there is not alot of human traffic in the building.

Correspondence was via email. They were very quick to reply and booking the accommodation was a breeze.

Overall, we felt that for the room that we got, it was a tad expensive for a hostel considering we got better accommodation at a hotel for the same price later in HK trip on HK island.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank soulelectriiic

Hi, soulelectriiic,

Thanks for your comment and it's extremely valuable to us.

We are apologize for what you have experienced and we do treat it seriously - providing a comfortable, clean and friendly environment to our guests with a user friendly price is our company's mission.

After receiving your comment, I had re-read all comments across all booking agents and had discussions with crew members, we do have rooms for improvement. Please accept our sincere apology.

We will continue to strive for improvements and thank you for choosing us and your feedback. Wish you every success in the future.

Regards,