All reviewsprivate bathroomrooms are cleanwithin walking distancebooked roomslocationshoppinghkmtrelevatorluggageslippers
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Quite a new hostel located on the 7th floor of an old building. Hostel has a fabulous location, jus 1 min walk from exit C1 of Jordan MTR. Room was clean but very small. Very near to famous eateries like Tsui Wah & Australian Dairy Co. Staffs were also helpful and we received a box of Godiva chocolates as Xmas gift when we checked in. However as we visited HK during winter, room was very cold. There seems to be gaps on windows which allows cold air from outside to enter the room.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikLSH_Sg
Chris L, Manager at Alohas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thanks Mikayla's feedback.

We have reviewed all windows and installed insulation material on few windows. Moreover, we have improved the comforters to double layers which will help to keep our guests warm.

Chatted with our guests. The issue did not happen again.

FYI - We do have extra blankets. Guests may ask our reception if they need one.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent 3 nights in this hostel.
Everything is good in that hostel : the comfort, the price, the cleanliness, the staff friendliness, and the very good location.
However, I experienced a misfortune due to a big problem of management.
Located at the 7th floor of a building, a security guy is posted at the entrance of the elevator. After 11:30pm, the doors to the building are closed, but as the hostel staff told me, a security man is posted 24 hours and would always open the doors if you come back late to the hostel.
But once, I came back at 2 am and there wasn't any security man. So I called the hostel, but the staff on the phone told me they don't have neither the phone number of the security man, nor the phone number of the boss (which is totally nonsensical when you manage a hostel). Then the staff told me if I cannot reach my hostel room, I would have to go to another place for the night. Luckily, there was somebody living in the building who came back to his apartment and opened the door for me. Without him, I would have spent the night in the 24-hour McDonald's.

I suggest the staff of the hostel to cope with this big management problem. Sorry to say that, I feel so disappointed, because it ruined the very good opinion I had for the hostel, even considering the high quality of the hostel in itself.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank CultureMix

Thanks CultureMix's feedback. We are sincerely apologize for what you experienced.

Upon investigation, it was a coincidence of 2 issues:
1) The patrolling security guide. The doorman has a regular patrol (~15 min. long) around the building to ensure the safety. It was confirmed that he was in patrol when you returned.

2) Newly trained night-shift staff.The staff who handled the call was having her 2nd night-shift duty. Unfortunately, she forgot the provided emergency contact list, which included our managers’ no. and the management office no.

To prevent the case from happening again, we will distribute the main door key with our room key. We also reminded all night-shift staff for the procedures on handling various issues and escalate to management whenever necessary.

Lastly, thanks CultureMix again on helping us to improve the hostel. We hope to see you again in our hostel and experience our enhanced service.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

First off, I would like to state that I participated in their Facebook contest and won a free 2 nights stay with Alohas hostel. Thanks Alohas! It was a pleasant surprise winning the contest :)

So, a review of the hostel! Its located on Nathan Road and the nearest MTR station is Jordan. You won't miss the big and colorful sign of the hostel from the main road. I feel that the hostel is very well-located, as there's alot of food (tsui wah, hui lau shan, australian dairy company, macs etc) and shopping (temple street night market is a 5 mins walk away) nearby.

Room-wise, due to the space constraints in Hong Kong, might be a little small but personally I'm fine with the size of the room (not too squeezy for 2 persons). My room even came with an attached bathroom + bathtub! (how many hostels have that!) Room is air conditioned as well :) Didn't feel any uncomfortableness in my 4 nights stay there. And the rooms are all different and have different wall designs which are quite interesting!

Would definitely go back to Alohas hostel again if I'm visiting HK! Thanks Alohas for the wonderful stay! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank junyu89
Ryan_C_Alohas, General Manager at Alohas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2017

Dearest Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.
To provide guests with the highest quality service and comfortable accommodation has always been the goal of Alohas hostel.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I traveled alone when I was in HK. Safety accommodation is very important for me. It's in safety area and the lock sytem of room make me relieved. Location is great, just 1 minute to metro station. Ferry, shopping, restaurant are near by. Sheet is clean, towels smell good, facility is completed, hair dry, high speed wifi...etc. Staff Chris, Jerry, Ryan are helpful and friendly. I'm really recommand this hostel. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bluespotsock

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I enjoyed my 4 nights here. The location was central to the subway, buses, ferry, shopping and local restaurants. The room was safe, clean and the bed was comfortable. It is located on Nathan Road which is one of the main north/south roads in Kowloon. It was very easy to get here by bus from the airport and Karen gave great directions on which bus to take and where to get off. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Hong Kong.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo