All reviewsprivate bathroomrooms are cleanwithin walking distancebooked roomslocationshoppinghkmtrelevatorluggageslippers
Reviewed December 22, 2013

First off, I would like to state that I participated in their Facebook contest and won a free 2 nights stay with Alohas hostel. Thanks Alohas! It was a pleasant surprise winning the contest :)

So, a review of the hostel! Its located on Nathan Road and the nearest MTR station is Jordan. You won't miss the big and colorful sign of the hostel from the main road. I feel that the hostel is very well-located, as there's alot of food (tsui wah, hui lau shan, australian dairy company, macs etc) and shopping (temple street night market is a 5 mins walk away) nearby.

Room-wise, due to the space constraints in Hong Kong, might be a little small but personally I'm fine with the size of the room (not too squeezy for 2 persons). My room even came with an attached bathroom + bathtub! (how many hostels have that!) Room is air conditioned as well :) Didn't feel any uncomfortableness in my 4 nights stay there. And the rooms are all different and have different wall designs which are quite interesting!

Would definitely go back to Alohas hostel again if I'm visiting HK! Thanks Alohas for the wonderful stay! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank junyu89
Ryan_C_Alohas, General Manager at Alohas Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2017

Dearest Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.
To provide guests with the highest quality service and comfortable accommodation has always been the goal of Alohas hostel.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I traveled alone when I was in HK. Safety accommodation is very important for me. It's in safety area and the lock sytem of room make me relieved. Location is great, just 1 minute to metro station. Ferry, shopping, restaurant are near by. Sheet is clean, towels smell good, facility is completed, hair dry, high speed wifi...etc. Staff Chris, Jerry, Ryan are helpful and friendly. I'm really recommand this hostel. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bluespotsock

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I enjoyed my 4 nights here. The location was central to the subway, buses, ferry, shopping and local restaurants. The room was safe, clean and the bed was comfortable. It is located on Nathan Road which is one of the main north/south roads in Kowloon. It was very easy to get here by bus from the airport and Karen gave great directions on which bus to take and where to get off. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Hong Kong.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jack R

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The room is smaller than expected but no complaints about the location (possible to walk to TST) and cleanliness. Karen was extremely flexible in allowing me to use the room until 4pm despite the check-out time at noon because there were no guests reserving the room after me. And this was much appreciated! The only con (or pro depending on how you see it) is that the night guard locks the main gate after midnight so you have to wake him to get through to the lift.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hostel is located in the heart of the city, close to the main attractions and the party scene. You have easy access to the public transportation. Subway station is just across the hostel. A bit small but I had a clean room with fast wifi. I would recommend for a short-stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo