“Excellent food, fresh, and great for vegetarians”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Noodlemi

Noodlemi
Ranked #547 of 7,933 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent food, fresh, and great for vegetarians”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at Noodlemi several times and the food is always great. The best dishes in my opinion are the papaya salad and the yellow curry noodles. The place is small- but a good location for a mid-week casual dinner with friends. I also really enjoy their lemongrass tea! Both the hot and cold ones are fantastic.

2 Thank Alice M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“So Happy I Found This”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I spend a lot of time in Vietnam for business and absolutely love Vietnamese food. One thing I really dont love is MSG. For some reason, all of the Vietnamese restaurants I have tried in Hong Kong love to use MSG in their food. You can taste it and for me I can feel it afterwards. Noodle Mi is really surprising for a few reasons. First, the food is absolutely wonderful. The Pho is as authentic as I have ever had. And when you eat it you really taste the freshness of the ingredients and the lack of anything put in to artificially enhance the flavors- like MSG. Then you go into other dishes and are as equally happy. As starters I love the grilled beef salad and the green papaya salad. I try to start with either a vegetarian spring roll or a soft shell crab roll as well. By the time the noodles come I am able to still eat because this food is just so fresh and clean that it does not make you feel artificially full. My "go to" dishes are either the beef pho or the simmered beef vermicelli noodles. They have excellent wine and beer choices for dining in. I have never had a problem getting a table for dinner and the staff is so attentive and on top of their game that you feel as if the whole experience should be much more expensive. The surprise ends with the bill- which is always extremely reasonable. You just feel that for this kind of food you should be paying more but alas that is what makes this restaurant so wonderful in my opinion. It is worth going to.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank dkracerfl
Hong Kong, China
“Simple Healthy Vietnamese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great eatery for healthy and slightly different Vietnamese food. Tiny restaurant with not that much seating and sometimes need to wait for a table. The service is usually good, have once or twice had a couple of issues with incorrect orders or having to wait for a while and re-order but in general it is worth the wait. If you want you can do take away if not able to get a seat. We often do take-aways as the salads are perfect for hot weather and to take home. The shredded chicken salad with cabbage and Vietnamese dressing is great! I also like to eat the pho, and the helping is generous and the broth tasty. For a quick light meal this is a great place to pop into and generally good value for money, even though you may not take advantage of the 'happy hour'.

• Visited June 2013