“Great steaks albeit on the expensive side.”

The Steak House Winebar + Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Recipient of Four Stars by the Forbes Travel Guide, THE STEAK HOUSE winebar + grill is a haven for meat lovers with prime cuts of the world's finest meat, including USDA Beef and Japanese A5 Hida Wagyu, seared to perfection on Hong Kong's only charcoal grill. The restaurant also has an elaborate salad bar, an eclectic selection of condiments including twelve special blended mustards and eight exotic rock salts, plus an impressive wine list showcasing over 480 wines. If you’re looking for the best steaks in Hong Kong, this is the place.
Reviewed July 30, 2018

The Steak House Winebar + Grill is located in the basement of the InterContinental No.18 Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong,

The steaks were excellent especially their Tenderloin Wagyu and their Center cut filet mignon. They were cooked perfectly and were absolutely delicious. However their service was a bit lacking for a 5 star restaurant if I say so myself. The waitress replaced the used fork back on the table after it being used for my salad. That's a no-no for 5 star dining. I had to ask for a replacement fork. Other than that and its high prices, our dining experience was lovely and would recommend the steaks here if you're a steak lover.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank M O
InterContiHKFB, Manager at The Steak House Winebar + Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear M O,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience at The Steak House winebar + grill and I am really happy to know that you found our steak fabulous. However, I am sorry to hear that the service extended by our colleague was not up to your expectation and has created disappointments to you. I have already raised your comments with the related party; we will constantly review our service standard and take necessary action into making appropriate improvements. Your alert on matters requiring more of our attention is therefore very much appreciated. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of your return though, so that we are able to ensure you have a more memorable and enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Have had birthday celebration lunch with family. The high quality and variety of food are always available as usual.

Special thanks to restaurant staff for their special arrangement for birthday celebration.

Highly recommend this restaurant for group and celebration.

Date of visit: July 2018
InterContiHKFB, Manager at The Steak House Winebar + Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Dear DrTUNG,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a generous review following your recent visit with us at The Steakhouse winebar + grill. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the birthday celebration and that you were impressed with the food as well as the attentive service you encountered from my colleagues. Your lovely comments are much appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Love all the food from the bread to the main. There are wide selections of salt and mustard to eat with the steak. Unluckily we were too full, so we didn't try their dessert. The service is supreme. Spectacular view but the ceiling of the steak house is relatively low and the tables are rather close to each other. So it can get pretty noisy.

Date of visit: June 2018
InterContiHKFB, Manager at The Steak House Winebar + Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Dear bebe93942017,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit at The Steak House winebar + grill. I apologize for the fact that the ambiance of the restaurant of your dinner was marred to a certain extent by the noise from the other tables. However, I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with our food as well as the selection of the salts and mustard. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at The Steak House winebar + grill in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Most of the food items were good, as was the service for the most part. We always appreciate the variety of salt, steak knives and condiments on offer, and upon payment the waiting staff was proactive in suggesting an alternative credit card to the one I originally offered due to a 15% discount available.

The part that was most disappointing was the French Limousine prime beef (a limited-time promotion apparently), ordered medium rare, was way overcooked and far from the tender texture one would have expected from dry-aged (even if briefly) beef. Both my wife and I had two or three bites before giving up on the rest.

We were quite full from the appetizers and sides, and were therefore not keen to make an issue of it as a replacement would have been wasteful. What did kind of bother us, and this is entirely subjective, was the perception that the waiting staff on many occasions walked by briefly glancing at the next-to-untouched cuts of steak on our plates, and moved on, as if checking on us would have opened a can of worms they wouldn't have wanted to deal with.

That both my wife and I had a small case of the runs late that night certainly made it a forgettable evening overall.

We've dined here in the past as we try to make the hotel an annual visit on our anniversary following our wedding there five years ago, and things have always been fine. We'll probably stick with just the Lobby Lounge or Nobu in the future.

Dear ML01,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit at Steak House winebar + grill. I am truly sorry to read that you were disappointed with the French Limousine beef as well as the service you were extended by our colleague which did not match your expectations. We deeply value and appreciate the patronage of all our guests and I apologize if this was not reflected appropriately. We can assure that our staff was not aware and had no intention of creating a negative feeling during your recent visit , and we have put into place measures to ensure that no similar feelings are ever felt. I have already raised your comments with the related parties; we will constantly review our standard about the food quality and take necessary action into making appropriate improvements. We will also provide the necessary training to the concerned staff and the team to avoid incidents of a similar nature from occurring again and ensure that the quality of service will never be compromised. We will continuously strive to improve and enhance our standards in order to achieve this. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at Steak House winebar + grill in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Excellent service, perfectly cooked steak, with wonderful sides. One small suggestion is to not clear the table until everyone is finished.
Second visit, perfect both times.

Date of visit: June 2018
InterContiHKFB, Manager at The Steak House Winebar + Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Dear ChinaJohnny,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience at Steak House winebar + grill and I am really happy to know that you found our food and service fabulous. We have taken your constructive feedback on board and rest assured you have our commitment to do better. We hope to have many more opportunities to be of service again in future.