“An average restaurant but price reasonable for its location and decor”

YMCA Hongkong The Mall Cafe
Reserve with Chope
YMCA Hongkong The Mall Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #270 of 11,372 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed December 5, 2017

I was recommended by my son to try their laksa which he and his girlfriend both felt was great. It turned out to be a little disappointment for me because I had a lot of laksa before including some more authentic ones in Singapore and I found that the product here is not to my liking. The soup base does have a faint taste of shrimp (came from cooking the soup base with shrimp shells I guess) but it was not thick enough and I prefer much more coconut juice for the richness of taste. One interesting thing about the bowl of noodle was unlike others, they serve two types of noodles in the bowl one thin and one thick which gives one a variety of chewiness. They served two shrimps, half an egg, fish ball/slice, 2 mussels, and some fried tofu puff on the noodle. Portion is reasonably big. It is good though that when you order the Laska,at HK$88 you can pay $20 to order a glass of strawberry milkshake which is not a bad deal (Also not thick nor rich). My son ordered a chicken Caesar at $110 and the look is so so. Business was really quiet at around 6:30pm with a few tables only. They serve buffet as well but I am not prepared to give it a try. One more thing, though they do not have many guests, it took a couple of minutes before somebody get back to the reception booth to show us our table.

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

We dined here one night and experienced great food and service. Excellent value for money. Can't fault the menu and there was either an a la carte option or buffet set meal.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

Good variety on the menu. Service was a little slow at the entry point. We strood for a long while waiting to be seated and at one point were ignored by the wait staff who were discussing rosters or something similar. Felt that this was poor.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

We called in for a drink and we were so impressed with the meals we saw coming out we returned in the evening for a meal. It was a buffet style starter, delicious soup, bread and salads. Then we had our main course brought to us. It was cooked and presented well. The food was good and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

adjacent to the YMCA hotel this lovely clean and well run cafe caters for all, as well as an extensive menu they do an all day breakfast which was really delicious and before 11 am the breakfast menu caters for everyone with continental and American breakfast which is great value, we had fruit juice and mixed fruit starter eggs, bacon, sausage,tomato and hash browns and coffee for AUD 30 for two people, even meal was great too, I would recommend this cafe for tourists