“Food was delicious and waiters were attentive”

Fu Kee Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1,239 of 13,465 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Lamma Island
Neighborhood: Lamma Island
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

It’s a raining day and we took a boat ride from central to this restaurant around 2pm. Not many people because of time and weather. Service was good. Waiter was attentive. We ordered a family meal for 4. Fresh shrimps were delicious. We are from overseas and we don’t get to eat live seafood. They are delicious! Second dish was the large prawn. That was our first time eating it. It tastes like lobster but more tender. Steam fish was very fresh, scallops was also delicious. I like the food with light in sauce so I can taste the food. Overall, I really enjoyed the dishes. I can’t wait to come back to eat here again.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed March 12, 2019

Went for lunch and had an amazing meal. All the seafood so fresh. We are staying in the four seasons and we all actually enjoyed it more than lung king heen the three star Michelin restaurant. Great job keep up the good work.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

The food flavor is ok. The price is overcharged for around 40-50%. The justification from the staff incl. holiday time high labor cost, sea food price change etc.. They claimed that source fee and service fee were waived. Even in the most prestigious restaurant, hardly learn that source will be charged separately. Btw, where is this precious source mentioned? You mean the soy source, salt and pepper for preparation of the food?

Viewing from the above good reviews, I feel that the place may have 2 kinds of menu, one for local people, one for tourists. Or one for shrewd customers, one for fumble ones.

Will not go again, and don’t recommend if you are a trusting person like us, or if you are not familiar with local sea food market price.

超过合理价格的40-50%收费。不会再去。如果你对本地海鲜市价不熟悉,那么也不推荐前去体验。
服务员对高溢价的解释有,过年高人工,海鲜价格上涨等。两个人吃了2000人民币。大家还是省省吧,这个价钱到市区吃个米其林西餐更合适。

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

We were in Hong Kong and decided to do something different for Christmas and New Year, so we did lunch at Fu Kee on Christmas Day and New Years Eve

To my surprise there were few diners on Christmas Day, but the staff were there and we had a great time. I dug out my bill from a year or two before written in Chinese. We had prawn, crab, lobster calimari finished off with a gluten Free Christmas pudding brought from home

The four of us thoroughly enjoyed the food, the view the company

I recommend it to anyone

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

We visited this island for a first time and it is a very interesting and a beautiful place to see. So close to Hong Kong but so different. We had a problem to choose a restaurant for our lunch as we didn’t do a good research before. By chance, in front of this place we had a recommendation by Hong Kong resident and a long time customer. He was right. This place is really great. Service was so attentive and nice. Food is really great. Both, my husband and I, decided the stir fried mixed vegetables were the best we ever had in any Chinese restaurant. Our waiter was really good, thank you Ben. His real Chinese name is on the photo attached. My husband loved his clams with black beans and garlic. His stir fried mantis prawn with deep fried garlic and chili was amazing as well, but the price tag was way to high. You rather not expect to pay more than $40.00 Australian dollars for some seafood proteins without any side dish in Hong Kong.
In conclusion, it is a very nice place to visit. They wanted to give us an extra fruits and ice creams. The service is really good, even for a small table. We noticed, not only today, how the service in some restaurants in Hong Kong became worst for smaller groups since our last visit . It is not the case here. Just a little too expensive with some dishes but the view is really nice. So please, give it a try. In the end, it is really worth it, if you are not on the budget.

Date of visit: January 2019

Been to Fu Kee Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!