“fabulous stay at the indigo”

Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island
Ranked #43 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We took a chance staying at the Indigo and were nicely surprised as it lived up to all the hype. The location is good and it has all the necessities close by-laundry, massage (happy feet & essential spa), fruit market, night market, 7-11, watsons, etc. The hotel overall is high end for a moderate price-I think we paid around $230 USD/night for a superior room including bf. It is not a large hotel but it is well designed-it functions and feels luxurious despite its petite size and I like the Modern Asian touches.

The bed is very comfortable, the AC works well, good free wifi, and the small details-lacquer boxes, hidden mini fridge, coffee/tea in room, good shower, etc are all thoughtfully done. It has a small pool on the rooftop (don't be deceived by the photos it's smaller than it looks but you can swim laps) that juts out over the roof with glass bottom and sides-a little scary at first but very cool. The staff are all very nice and helpful.

My only real comments apply for those not travelling alone. 1. When you open the door-all the lights go on in the room. A total pain if one person is sleeping and the other needs to enter or exit. 2. The bathroom is fairly open and runs the length of the room with a central sink area with a glass enclosed shower and toilet on either side. There is visual privacy but you can hear and smell everything. Perhaps not the most ideal layout for all travelers.

Overall, for the price we paid, this was a very good stay. I would definitely recommend the Indigo and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Primomeatball
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Primomeatball,

We are thrilled that you had a "fabulous stay at the Indigo" and "would definitely recommend and stay again". We are also pleased that you found our staff friendly and you like the hotel a lot! We take delight in surprising our guests and hope to surprise you some more on your next stay.

With warm regards, Roy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I am an old Hong Kong-hand and come quite frequently.... mostly on R & R visits. I decided to stay on the Island this time instead of Kowloon TST and with the Indigo Hotel, I really picked a good boutique hotel. I had booked online for the Deluxe Package with Breakfast and although my room was on the 8th Floor with no view...another building opposite.... the room itself was really well designed and the bed just heavenly. Probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. I had a little trouble figuring out where all the light switches were located and which ones were for the blinds and curtains etc. but ultimately worked it out and it was fine. Clever idea to place the work desk behind the bed. Great TV screen on wall for World Cup football watching...overhead rain shower very cool....and as mentioned, super comfy bed and pillows....Nespresso machine for a quick coffee....magnified mirror within the wall mirror above the sink....All clever planning.
I found the staff extremely helpful and attentive and especially the Breakfast Room for trying to make sure my 2nd cup of coffee was just the way I wanted it. Yes, I have had more variety in breakfast buffets, but this was more than adequate.
The best thing for me was the LOCATION. Literally a 4 minutes walk to the Johnston Road MTR entrance....a local street market for anything and everything from toy shops to flowers and fruit.... HSBC Bank within walking distance on Queen's Road E. Taxis galore....a fabulous French Boulangerie/Patisserie across the road....I was in heaven!
If I wanted to be picky, I could say that I thought the room cleaning/maintenance could have been better... more THOROUGH, but honestly that would be my only minor complaint. Also and IMPORTANTLY thank you very much for locating a piece of jewelry I left in the safe by accident and which was found by front desk/staff within 5 minutes of my phone call!
Next time will request a room with a view and look forward to staying here again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room with either an open view or skyline view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sophiebelle04
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Sophiebelle04,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Tripadvisor. Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to exceed guest expectations and create value at every encounter.

We are delighted to read that you "look forward to staying here again and again" and we also look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel and I found this stay to be better that the 1st. This time I chose a deluxe room which I highly recommend as it has reasonable good view and furthermore it has a very good work des. I also booked an airport pick up through the hotel and the driver was standing waiting for me when I left customs area. This boutique hotel is one of the best that I stayed at. Additionally the room price is very good for the service provided.

Room Tip: Chose a deluxe room and high floor level it is worth the additonal cost
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonathan R
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Jonathan R,

Thank you for choosing us to stay again and it is great to know that our service impressed you more this visit. We are thrilled that you will recommend us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and I am so pleased that we chose this property instead of a 'brand' hotel. The service, staff, rooms and amenities were outstanding. Breakfast choices were a treat and plentiful. We loved the decor, especially the over sized shower head. Great location so close to everywhere we wanted to go, especially to the local restaurants, bars, cafe's and markets.
I highly recommend this property and cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Corner room high floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pia t
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Pia t,

Thank you for your recognising us as a "Great Boutique Hotel". It is a pleasure to read such headline and I will most certainly ensure all our staff are made aware of your heartfelt feelings about our hotel and service. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future to our great neighbourhood!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend and we had a fantastic time at the hotel.

Staff were all friendly and helpful.

Lobby was small though.

Room was decent size but very well and tastefully designed. Attention was given to details including the mosaic tiles on the wall and the boxes, dustbins and tea pots/cups in the room.

Loved the bed which was very comfortable.

Was upgraded to the Deluxe room which had a fantastic view of the mountains. Worth the extra more as the standard rooms would most be facing the opposite offices which were very close.

Breakfast was a let down due to the limited variety of food.

The roof top pool was cool with the see through cantilever pool but it was on the smaller side.

The sky bar is a nice place to chill out in the evening especially with their happy hour promotions from 4-8pm!

Location is very good as it is like a 3mins walk to the MTR Wan Chai station only.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay on the Hong Kong island in the quieter yet central part.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sporetravel01
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear sporetravel01,

Thank you for sharing your views on Tripadvisor. I take pleasure to read that you appreciate our services, location, facilities and guestroom. Simultaneously, I am very concerned that breakfast variety did not impress you entirely. Please rest assured that everyone here works passionately on delivering extraordinary service experiences to every guest.

Thank you for your comments again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed in this property more than four times in the last two years. I think this is one of the most comfortable Hotels on Hong Kong Island. Warm staffs, pleasant interior decor, good location and homeee dining area. I strongly recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ming K
Roy Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Ming K,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to share your stay experience with us. Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to exceed guest expectations and create value at every encounter.

We are delighted that we had the opportunity to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island.

Best regards, Kevin

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed over for 2 nights during June 2014 and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. The quality of the finishes from the foyer to the room is impeccable. Check-in was quick, the service was amazing, staff are also knowledgeable about the surrounding areas and best routes. I was clearly impressed. The room was just as impressive with modern decor, clean and neat finishes throughout.

Location is not the best, and the MTR is a little 5min walk away. Not central like Causeway bay in terms of shopping and food but it served my purpose sufficiently.

All in all, I would stay here again and again. Would not book anywhere else in HK.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DiamondMerchant2013

Dear DiamondMerchant2013.

The title of your review says it all and thanks for your encouraging feedback! I was particularly impressed to know that the team presented solutions to every challenge you threw their way. We will continue to strive for this each and every time. All of us at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

With warm regards, Kevin