“Fantastic hotel with cool design”

Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island
Ranked #27 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hong Kong
“Fantastic hotel with cool design”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

The contact for the hotel I normally use for my visiting guests had moved to the Indigo in Hong Kong and with guests visiting I decided to give it a try myself. It is a breath of fresh hair for Hong Kong - cool funky design but without sacrificing on comfort. The rooms are really excellent and very spacious for Hong Kong. The hotel also has a very nice pool which fits in with the cool design. Service is spot on - very friendly and consistent. It's located in Wan Chai - not my favorite location but very convenient and close to central.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank thePaulhongkong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was in a recent business with pleasure trip in Hong Kong and decided to stay at this 3 month old hip boutique hotel which opened just last May 2013 in Wan Chai. The location is excellent as it is amidst cafés, restaurants, and shops. It is also just a 3 minute walk to Wan Chai MTR station.

The high-rise building is of modern architecture and when you look up you will see part of the glass-bottomed swimming pool, located on the top floor, cantilevered and extends out over the pedestrian below. According to a staff, there is an abstract design of a golden dragon that is twirled around the building from bottom to top, and the jutted-out pool is suppose to be the dragon's tongue. I've read about this hotel pool's design, which was one of the reasons why I decided to stay at this new property, that I even packed my swimming trunks. Unfortunately, the pool wasn't open yet when I stayed there. According a staff, there were still some permit issues. I had a drink at the bar located on the same floor instead.

I was given a corner room which offers a slightly better view than the non-corner rooms that I've read just face the buildings across. But I think think there has been a mistake with the booking website I used that I was given a corner room that has disability access. But no complaints here as it has a bigger toilet and shower. The room size is good based on Hong Kong standards. Motorized translucent and blackout curtains controls the external light and privacy. Room amenities are well thought off, such as a Nespresso machine, flat LED screen, Bang & Olufsen speakers, complimentary in-room wifi, safe, rainshower, choices of pillows, walking map of the Wan Chai area, etc. The room and common areas were very clean and well maintained. The staff were all polite and helpful. If there was one thing I didn't really enjoy it was the buffet breakfast. The freshly roasted coffee was very good but I'm sure that they can improve on their buffet selection.

The room rate is very well-priced for what they have to offer. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kilroywashere74
New York
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The five nights I spent at Hotel Indigo can't be beat!

Each day started with a wonderful breakfast at Cafe Post (we consumed many delicious cappuccinos, along with both Western and Chinese breakfast items). The breakfast starts very early, which was perfect as we adjusted to Hong Kong time.

The hotel is a great base for exploring the city. It's very close to the Wan Chai MTR station, and we also found it convenient for taking every mode of transportation possible (Airport Express, Star Ferry, Macau Ferry, Trams, etc). There's also a grocery store right down the street, which was nice for getting water, drinks, and snacks.

The staff at Hotel Indigo were incredibly helpful and attentive, always making sure we had whatever we needed. This was made evident from check-in, when I was given the room I had specifically requested, and was carried though our visit until we checked out. And our room was just wonderful. It felt more like a little studio apartment than a hotel room, which made it the perfect place to get comfortable and relax after a long day out in the city.

The toiletries were one extra touch that I really appreciated. The shampoo/conditioner/soap bottles were large enough that I didn't feel we had to ration them out for two people, and they were replaced with new bottles every day. Just another thing that showed the hotel cares about little details along with the big picture experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GooseNYC
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Among the many, many hotel options in Hong Kong island, Indigo just simply stands out! A brand new building and operation made up of all the details needed for a perfect stay. Amazingly designed, spacious and tastefully decorated rooms, great beds, extremely professional and helpful staff guaranteed a great stay in Hong Kong!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank MVillafrade
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Location is one block from the underground in a great up-and-coming neighborhood, staff speaks perfect English and was very helpful with taxis and other matters, warm greeting and extra comfy bed. Would stay here again. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BrooksBBarnes
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just two nights at the end of a China trip to relax.

Great rooms, World Class Staff and a perfect location make for a relaxing stay in Hong Kong.

I'll will certainly keep going back. I explained to them that I wish I could transplant this hotel to every location I need to stay in

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 44WestSide
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here on my own in Sept 2013. Room was superb, bed very comfortable. I love the open plan bathroom and all the electrical blinds / lights etc. No point in adding photos of rooms, mine look the same as the ones on the website. Service fantastic, food and coffee great. The location is perfect. A quick walk through markets to the Wan Chai MTR. Loved Wan Chai and the mix of old Hong Kong with the new! Pool not open but will be incredible when it is. I dont think you will find any better value in Hong Hong. Thank you Hotel Indigo for making my stay in Hong Kong so enjoyable!!!

Room Tip: Book the deluxe corner room then ask for mountain view (#ending 02 and 03). Great views over Wan Ch...