“Proposal dinner”

Ranked #99 of 8,204 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: $50 - $1,000
Cuisines: Seafood, International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Located on 103/F of The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong, Café 103 is an elegant yet relaxed lounge where offers signature afternoon tea, lunch and dinner buffet. Serving: Lunch Buffet, Afternoon Tea, Dinner Buffet
Hong Kong, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Proposal dinner”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I took my girlfriend for a birthday dinner to Cafe 103. We were lucky to get a very private seat right by the window with a great view. We started with the amazing seafood, oysters were fresh and juicy, unlimited lobster, fresh prawns were all fantastic but for me the best was the crab which tasted as if it was straight from the sea.

There was also the usual selection of cold cuts, salads, sashimi but all were a notch above what is found in other buffets. The hot selection was also superb with Wagyu beef, fois gras, and a carvery of lamb amongst others.

I had arranged for a surprise birthday cake for my girlfriend which was presented with an amazing hand painted plate of chocolate. All of this with free flowing orange juice and sparkling wine would have been enough for a great night but then the real highlight of the evening unfolded.

I had spent a couple of days with the hotel staff planning how and where I could propose to my girlfriend. They had arranged for us to have a tour of the hotel and so we went to the 118th floor to see the pool and gym and then as we went outside to the terrace there was a display of candles with my girlfriends name and the question; "will you marry me". Of course after that she could only say yes! There were pictures taken and we could enjoy the moment before going back down to finish our dessert.

The choice of desserts included everything you could expect and the standard was as good as all the other food. We enjoyed the birthday cake and before we left the fantastic discrete staff who had taken care of us so well all evening then presented us with some framed pictures of the proposal which they had managed to put together before we finished.

Overall a night to remember in a unique location. Well worth the visit and perhaps we will be back for the wedding. Thanks again to all the staff including Pierre, Jackie, Winkie, Steve and Boris.

1 Thank mplloyd2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
philippines
“Fantastic Dininf Experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had breakfast at cafe 103 at the Ritz Carlton. Its location is 103rd floor, view is the Hong Kong Victoria Harbour. The food, all the best you can eat. Like the juices are fresh and in bottle, Chinese and international dishes. Service is attentive and fast. As I left the restaurant, the staff even went with me to open my elevator door. The ambience of the restaurant is so luxurious you will enjoy just looking at it.

1 Thank jdchua521
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I dined here one evening last week for the Seafood Buffet. When we come to Hong Kong we always splash out for a nice meal. We arrived at 7pm and stayed until just before 10pm. We were greeted and served drinks almost straight away, the service was impeccable.

We were then invited to go up and get out food as often as we wanted. We had a walk around first and was astounded by how much choice there was.

-Fresh seafood - loads of different variety of crab, lobster, Oysters, Prawns, Shrimps, sashami, salmon etc etc.

-Hot food - Wagyu beef, wagyu mini-burgers, roast duck, pigeon, foie gras, suckling pork etc etc

-A substantial cheeseboard with cheddar, edam, goat, blue, brie.

-Salads, fruits

-Desserts, more choices you can imagine. The Mango pudding was my particular favourite

And more.. the above was what I can remember now on top of my head.

You also get abalone too but the wait staff bring that to you as you're only allowed one each.

Unlimited drinks too, I had the champagne and orange juice.

The views across Victoria Harbour are amazing, you can see the city lit up and we were lucky as it was a clear day and night that day.

I HIGHLY recommend you try this place out. HK$638 sounds a lot but for the quality, it's well worth it. There is NO WHERE in London you can get this for anywhere near that price!

1 Thank Kat_Orr
London, United Kingdom
“What a view”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a Rainy Saturday night, my partner and I, decided to have a drink and bite to eat at the Ozone. what a place, the staff where friendly and greet us well. the rain had stopped and we had our drinks outside. what a lovely view. this would be a great place to see sunset. drinks as expected are over priced and cocktails have way too much ice. I suggest stick to the wine / whiskeys. however the food was going to be a treat. We ordered the lamb, tuna, samosas and calamari. the staff where fantastic, we had not table but went out of their way to arrange a table next to the window and brought all out food out. the presentation was fantastic, flavours were excellent but as expected high prices. its another tick in the box. we then returned later in the evening and had the duck at the Tin Lung Heen, bewarned you need to be dressed up. however one of friends had a shorts and they were kind enough to give him some trousers to wear. the views are amazing, the duck and wine was fantastic however, i hate the way the serve the duck in the UK we are so used to the shredding, they however slice it what a waste of meat. then then moved on to the lounge and bar to listen to the Jazz...now this is the place get there earlier, a table by the window close to the jazz band, sit back, hold the one you love and listen to the jazz...what a night.

overall a great experience however i would make a few changes if it was my place;
1- no closing time - food and drink should be available all the time.
2 -from an engineering point of view they need to put in a retractable fabric roof to protect people from the rain and need to invest in some Rain X. when looking out all you saw was rain drops on the window. a simple application will give a better view from the deck and also stop water dripping off the cladding onto people
3 - reduce the ice you put in cocktails

• Visited August 2013
Cardiff
“Chocolate Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Very expensive for what it is, you really are paying for the Ritz Carlton brand, and the stunning views.
Wasn't really blown away by the food, which was a disappointment.
Being a 5-star establishment I would have expected someone to come over and ask the usual 'is everything ok with your food'/'is there anything else you'd like' etc but we were just left to our own devices throughout the duration of the meal. It was obvious they were short-staffed - we had to wait a long time for the bill as the waiter we eventually flagged down forgot about us, then we had to ask another member of staff, and wait all over again.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Cafe 103? Share your experiences!