“I'm sure it's normally better than our evening !”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of H.E.A.T. - CLOSED

H.E.A.T.
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
london
“I'm sure it's normally better than our evening !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place, good atmosphere, and friendly owner. However, based on this particular visit, we had a disaster night. It was so s l o w. We had to help ourselves to a number of things, from the menus to clearing plates and grabbing our meals from the counter. It was almost two hours of being there before we actually got our mains. When they came, we had to send the whole lot back because they were cold, which wasn't surprising given they sat on the counter for five minutes without being served. One of the mains never appeared at all, and we gave up on it.
I understand that they were understaffed that night, but as a customer it was very frustrating night.
We went because of good TA ratings. I'm sure it's better than we experienced that night, and the room really is quite nice, but on this occasion, I was angry and hungry !!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank david h
Stephen L, Guest Relations Manager at H.E.A.T., responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We appreciate your honest feedback and understand that people do look towards Trip Advisor for recommendations when looking somewhere to eat.

Unfortunately the drop in usual high standard of service due to staff illness and unexpectedly busy late evening should never affect the customers experience when dining at H.E.A.T.

Please accept my unreserved apologies for your experience that evening. The directors of the company have met to discus what happened that evening and have put measure in place to avoid this again.

The next time you visit Hong Kong please do not hesitate to contact me (Steve - Event & Marketing Manager).

St Ives, United Kingdom
“A visit here is a must when in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Once again one of those hidden gems very close to plenty of other bars and resturants in the mid-levels but you may not bump into it by accident

Food, staff and atmostphere all brilliant and well priced. Honestly can't fault this place.

Had Hanoi fish cakes followed by a beef and rice dish both of which I would highly recommend

Helsinki, Finland
“Great food and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a very nice dinner in this place and an warmly recommend it. It has a nice casual atmosphere and food was reaylly excellent. Service is very good and friendly and everything worked fast.

Hong Kong, China
“Good option in Central”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been there twice. The menu is extensive, took me several minutes to go through it and decide what to order. The staff answered all my questions, since I'm not familiarized with Vietnamese food, with patience, even when I was being a little annoying asking for details and ingredients in the dishes.The food was very good although some of them a bit spice for my taste.The drinks - lemongrass mojito for me and Lychee martine for my guest - were spot on. One of the best I had. The staff seemed to be having fun whilst working, always smiling and cracking jokes what made the atmosphere very relaxing. It seemed that every body there were friends. My favourite diish: beef cubes. Definitely with trying the lemongrass mojito.I know they have a brunch but haven't tried yet.

• Visited February 2013
Warwickshire
“lunch time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

A great deal at lunch time, all you can eat buffet starter,then choose a main meal which determines the price. We had fish cakes,spring rolls ,salad ,soup,and chicken curry. All really delicious, lovely and clean,and friendly staff. Our waiter was from Brazil,very helpful ,pointing out places of interest ,we might like to visit,and even which train to take. Returned back for coffee and tea,and planned to return prior to catching plane,but unfortunately ran out of time.

Visited March 2013