“pretty good scene”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Loved the atmosphere and staff treated me well. The food didn't seem fantastic though nothing was really wrong. May get better with some time. Great design and a beautiful crowd. If you want to take in the Whyndham street scene have a drink in the casual area outside.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Grabbed lunch here when I was in the mood for mexican. Grabbed a couple tacos, tostados and another dish. Given the price, I expected much larger portions. Food was average at best, but sub par in comparison to actual mexican food. Not worth it for the price in my opinion, but since it double as a club, perhaps its better suited after your boozed up and your senses dulled. Much prefer brickhouse in comparison.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My second visit, I thought I would try it again after all the good reviews, but NEVER AGAIN..

The food here is alright, actually pretty tasty, but the servings are so small I had to order my lunch a second time to get enough to eat, can't remember ever doing that before. That makes this place very expensive.

It took ages to get served even though there were only 4 other customers. The woman who eventually did serve us couldn't care less, I felt like I was putting her out by just being there. I had to get up from my chair to interrupt her daydreaming & watching the world go by out on the street.
She was pretty quick to shove the bill in my face & stand there waiting for the money before we had a chance to even look at the food, I thought that was pretty rude.

This place had the potential to be great but has missed the mark. I predict it will be gone in twelve months as the regulars that the SOHO & Wyndham St areas rely on will discover it's a ripoff with a very limited menu, lazy staff & a bit too much "attitude". Plenty of other, better mexican around the area too.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our foodie-relatives who live in Hong Kong took us here for dinner on a Monday night. The place was semi-deserted, but that was a good thing! The restaurant is divided into two sections. ONn the street front is the taqueria that's styled like an Los Angeles food truck. You can go up to the counter and grab a corona while gorging on some tacos. Inside is a sedate dinner hall that's quirkily styled reminiscent of a hacendado's mansion. We were served the tuna tostada, Gorditas, Wagyu Tacos, and Salmon Crudo (all accompanied by guacamole with nachos) by the attentive and well-informed staff. The food was amazing! While the idea of discovering Mexican food in Hong Kong is a little strange, the result was exceptional. If your idea of Mexican food is what's on the menu at Taco Bell, then you'll be blown away by the complex flavors in these dishes. The tuna tostada was especially a hit. The price wasn't too bad considering we ordered two of everything for a party of 4. At the end, Socialito was an excellent surprise, even as accustomed as we are to the variety of exceptional restaurants in Hong Kong.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

A rare find in hong kong - somewhere that really ticks every box. Inside this fab restaurant you'll find a place to enjoy superb Mexican food, some excellent drinks delivered to you with first class service. The buzz in the outside bar is great and the inside is a relaxed and cool atmosphere. I love this spot on Wyndham. Highly recommended.