“Feels as if I Am In Heaven”

Giando Italian Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with Chope
Giando Italian Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 11,959 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tai Fat Hau
Description: Previously locate at the Fenwick Pier, Giando has found a new berth in 9 Star Street, in Wanchai. Located in a more accessible area, this contemporary Italian restaurant offers authentic Italian food where the ingredients are flown in directly from Italy. This gave birth to the opening of Mercato by Giando located in the ground floor of its previous location. Reservations highly recommended
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The fact that this restaurant is not number 1 on TripAdvisor for restaurants in Hong Kong, is truly mind blowing. I was so taken aback that this Italian gem even existed here in HK. The chef, Gianni, always makes it a point to check up on every single table to ask how the food is & explains here and how all of his fresh products are made. I make it a point to now dine at this restaurant a few times a month. It's just PERFECT. If you can't fly over to Italy anytime soon, head over to Giando's where you will experience real authentic food & service. Your dining experience there might be even better than your dining experience in Italy itself!!!

Date of visit: February 2014
1  Thank pri24

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This is probably one of the most authentic Italian restaurants out of Bella Italia. Starting from the great interior design, giving you the impression of a beautiful Italian ristorante combined with the incredible views of HK island and Kowloon. The staff is friendly and provides quick service with the famous family style Italian hospitality. Chef Gianni walks around and explains in his charming Italian way the delicious creation made from products imported from Italy! A true dining experience! A great place for any sort of occasion. If you enjoy great food with amazing service and an authentic Italian atmosphere, you must visit! Thumbs up!

Giando H, Public Relations Manager at Giando Italian Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Sir,

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your dining experience in Giando and we look forward to many more of your visits with utmost satisfaction.

Giando Team

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Went there for dinner with group of friends as they have been raving how good the food is there. Alas, my friends and I mostly were not at all disappointed.
We were welcomed by two charming ladies with huge smiles at the door (kudos on having such friendly warm welcome at the door), then were introduced to our server for the evening (equally charming Italian lady).
They have recommended for us to share the Fiorentina steak for the evening, while I ordered the fettuccine with pheasant ragout sauce for myself – best I’ve ever had! My friends had an equally beautiful meal as well.
Wine list is also very extensive and at a great value as some of the wines are imported directly from the vinyards in Italy – awesome for us who loves to drink!
The atmosphere was fun, even though it is all too busy, everyone seems to be in high spirit which makes it a great place.
Didn’t even notice the construction that’s going on in front (which probably would be an issue for those who have high expectation on the harbor view) as it was too dark and there were just beautiful lights!

The only thing that needs improvement is to increase the space for more guests, so everyone who wish to dine can come! The place is packed… will definitely come back and recommend to everyone who loves pasta, pizza and homemade gelato!

Thank you for making our evening a memorable one

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My brother and I had lunch in Giando a few days ago. I availed of the Sunday brunch for 298 HKD. This was vastly cheaper to other buffets I have eaten in HK. They had a very good salad and cheese selection and the main course of mushroom risotto was delicious. I even had a piece of my brother's order which was the spinach and cheese pizza which was also very good. Next time I go here I will try the a la carte menu to compare.

1  Thank Manny C
Reviewed January 13, 2014

It seemed wierd to go to HK and have Italian for my birthday but it was perfect!

The food is superb - probably the best fresh pasta we have ever had. The service and ambience were spot on. There was a huge rage of choice, both food and wine. I can strongly recommend the calamari and corguette to start, as well as the fresh pasta - the pizzas coming out of the kitchen looked wonderful too. Portion size was sensible - not too big, but not too small.

We are fussy diners and were so impressed with the pasta we asked to see the chef. He was obviously pasionate about his food.

We will definately be visiting this restaurant again when next in HK.

1  Thank mjt19662014
Giando H, Public Relations Manager at Giando Italian Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Glad to hear that you have enjoyed the food while celebrating your birthday dinner at Giando.We look forward to having you again next time you visit HK

Best,