“Don't expect authentic Spanish food”
Review of Boqueria - CLOSED

Boqueria
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Hong Kong, China
“Don't expect authentic Spanish food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

All the food is overpriced and "imitation" Spanish food. We had high expectations but were so disappointed with each dish we tried, and we tried quite a few since they sounded good on the menu. Seasoning was often bland, paella was a complete disaster, the rice was hard and seafood just thrown on top with little flavor. The restaurant itself looks great inside but similar to other places in HK, it's more about appearances. We left disappointed with no desire to go back.

Visited November 2012

Houston, Texas
“Traditional tapas with some twists”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Was there on a Friday after a long work day, and it was pretty packed and loud, but it thinned out earlier than I'd have expected. Food was a great blend of new takes on tapas and more traditional choices as well. Pimientos de Padron were just a hair's breadth from the real thing. Gambas al ajilli were excellent. New dish - truffle and cheese croquetas - just heavenly, and so rich. Great wine menu too.

2 Thank AMWHouston
Toronto, Canada
“Great company+great food=amazing evening”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friends and I decided to try out the tapas bar. We went on a Wednesday night, the restaurant was busy but not packed so it was easy to get a table quickly.
We ordered the garlic shrimp, the crispy potatoes, lamb meatballs, sauted mushrooms, wagyu ham, and the paella
The garlic shrimp was amazing, not very salty and the shrimp tasted fresh. The crispy potatoes were our absolute favourite, crispy just as the name suggests but weren't overdone, the lamb meatballs were also very good, and tasted even better with the sheep’s milk cheese.
We’d heard that the churros were to die for and they did not disappoint. We also got the chocolate torte which was scrumptious.
We got the sangria to drink, which was made just right. It was refreshing, mixed well and wasn’t too overwhelming.
The food didn’t take too long, the staff was courteous and polite, and when we decided to order wine, Amy, the wine sommerlier picked an excellent wine for us; gazur 2010 from telmo Rodriguez vineyards.
It was a great dining experience and we will definitely be returning.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank AHHK231
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Muy Bueno..”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Excellent tapas in a very well done place. The Patatas Bravas and Tortialla Espaniola were both excellent. The Red Sangria reminded me of Spain itself...

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank Alokie
“Great tapas in HK”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Personally I love Spanish tapas. Boqueria brings some of the tapas classics in to the menu. I ordered a glass of red sangria to start my dinner at the bar and it was fantastic. You could taste the blends of ingredients without being overpowering. It was very refreshing so I ordered one more. For food I had some fried potatoes with a spicy sauce and alioli. They were crispy and delicious. Then my garlic prawns arrived, they are cooked in a bit of olive oil and garlic. I couldn't get enough of the oil which had such great garlic flavor. Always want to order more bread to dip in the oil. And for my last dish I had one of their specials fried Spanish sausage in red wine, phenomenal. Everything was so simple and good. Overall it was a great experience, the restaurant has a great vibe and it makes you want to come back with a lot of people so you can try more dishes. I will sure come back again to try more of their dishes.

• Visited December 2012