“Good pho and great value”

Pho 1 Vietnamese Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #670 of 13,023 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
Reviewed July 8, 2017

The cooked beef pho was delicious. This was our first day in Hong Kong. When the waiter noticed that I was struggling with the chop sticks he brought me a fork. It was much appreciated! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who would like to try authentic Vietnamese food for the first time!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

In the jungle of overpriced restaurants, pubs and bars in Hong Kong this is a jewel. Real Vietnamese food brings me back to Vietnam 21 years ago when I fell in love with this elegant and tasty cuisine.
They employ cooks from Vietnam and it shows. The beef Pho was sublime, with the exact balance of flavours, slightly coriander and slightly umami fishsaucy. Crystal clear and elegant with glass noodles. A winner!
Beef with lemongrass, prawn chips and rice was a good looker and again a winner. Fresh, tasty and perfectly balanced.
The Vietnamese spring rolls were top notch, crispy and full of umami pork flavours.
Cheap and tasty Saigon beer was a qualified follower.
Maybe not the most ambient of settings, but a knock out in Hong Kong quality/price. 201 HK dollars for two people can't be beaten!
Go Pho1!

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank Pelourinho
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

If you are vegetarian don't go.
Review based on friends who had meals with meat. Food was good.
Drinks were tad too sweet.
Ambiance - local and neighborhood

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

In the Sheung Wan district you have so many choices in food and price wise too. I wanted Vietnamese and found this one for a late lunch. The phô with beef was delicious and the broth was really tasty. A good combination with a fresh coconut.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

This place will always hold a special place in my heart. I came here on the morning after my 22nd birthday at lkf. I was tired, hungover, and in need of a warm remedy. I've had Vietnamese food all over Hong Kong (and the world). My roommates back home are Viet and I've made pho with their grandparents from scratch (a 12 hour affair). Pho 1 is hands down the most authentic and delicious pho I've found in Hong Kong. Moreover, it's only between 45 to 55 hkd per serving (depending on your choice of meat). I've had the beef tenderloin as well as the beef slices and both were divine. The broth is on the fattier side but definitely in a good way. The spring roles are also delicious but on the smaller side. I've come at both lunch time and dinner and while it's quite busy at both times, the lunch rush is especially packed with lines coming out the door during peak times. Their service is fast and friendly and they don't charge a mandatory service fee like most restaurants in the area which is a nice bonus. I would definitely recommend this place to any traveler with a craving for Viet food on a budget (but don't let the cheap price dissuade you, the quality is on par with restaurants that charge twice as much).

Date of visit: February 2017