“EAT HERE IF YOU WANT TO TRY ARGENTINIAN STEAK”

Pampas Argentinian Steakhouse
Ranked #1,712 of 8,973 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Thats the exact same reason i tried this restaurant. With the number of excellent steakhouses in HK, there is not real reason to eat here unless if you want to experience Argentinian meat.

Bread. Great
Starters. Beef chorizo and argentinian cooked cheese. Both very very good and already quite filling. Recommended.

MAINS. We ordered beef lomo ( tenderloin and sirloin )
IN fairness, its both good quality meat. Just not exceptional.

The restaurant is small, service is attentive.

Price is ok, maybe slightly expensive, but what you would expect being in staunton st.

There are newer reviews for Pampas Argentinian Steakhouse

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food here was terrible. The steaks on our table were almost inedible. It is small, dark and uncomfortable. They serve great crusty bread and that is the only positive thing I can say about this restaurant. It is far from being a steakhouse and I would not recommend it, there are plenty of nicer places to eat along Elgin St.

1  Thank choobsta
Reviewed June 25, 2013

An outstanding cut of steak cooked perfectly. Unfortunately that is the only good thing about this place.
Staff looked blankly at me when I asked for a table and actually had to get another staff member to see what I wanted. If you cannot speak basic English then don't go at front of house.
It was early (7pm) and quite empty so I can forgive the total lack of atmosphere. However, that being the case the staff had plenty of time to come and see if I was happy (which they did not) or to see if I needed more drinks (which they did not).
I had ordered the beef tenderloin so it seemed a bit strange to then be given a sampler of beef tenderloin. Had I ordered something else that would have made sense but it shows the complete lack of thought. Service by numbers.
Not a smile - not even a glimmer of life in the staff.
Whilst I know Pampas is an area of Argentina it is also a well know brand name for babies nappies which is unfortunate.
The steak was beautifully cooked and melted in the mouth. This place could do so well if they had staff that cared whether I lived long enough to pay the bill.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went here on a sunday for set lunch, selected the steak option as it was a 'Steak House'. Both my wife and my steaks were very grisly and tough. Very disappointing. Along with the set lunch was a salad soup option, the soup was very nice brocolli soup. The desert was Tiramasu, which was a little more like a creamed sponge cake. I realise there are probably better cuts of meat outside of the set menu, but, if you are a specific steak restaurant, it has to be better. If you are after something else might be okay, but dont go for the steak.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Visited with 3 friends and all were blown away by the sensational steaks (tenderloins x 4 in differing sizes/styles). They also had a great wine list with some very afordable and yet very good wine.

Once we'd sat down and ordered our drinks (whilst reviewing the menu) we were given a plate of small tenderloin skewers on the house (free of charge), possibly to turn our heads towards the tenderloin (which worked!)

As pointed out by a previous reviewer there were some language/understanding issues with staff/waitresses, but not the extent it ruined the meal/experience.

All in all a great evening and a great meal, highly recommended (reservation advisable).

1  Thank Derbal