“First time to HK......experience at CHI Residences will motivate us to return.”
Review of CHI Residences 120

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
CHI Residences 120
Ranked #265 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

After spending 14 hours in air from SFO we were happy to make it to CHI 120. We were early and hadn't booked for early checkin....however office stored our bags giving us time to explore a little locally; and allowed us to check in a few minutes early.

Originally we had booked at CHI 138 via Agoda. We were contacted by email by mangement for free upgrade to 120. The accomodations exceeded all expectations. Just the views were awe inspiring. Everything was top notch.

Staff was very professional and helpful.

For those Worldmark members out there.....this location is just like a city Worldmark facility. Nice fully equipped kitchenette. Plenty of space. Book here and you won't be sorry.

Our stopover in HK was enroute to Bali....only 3 days. The positive experince at CHI Residences likely will bring us back one day. Thanks CHI Residences to such an awesme introduction to your city!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gus U

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Corinth, MS
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at Chi Residences 120 on a recent business trip to Hong Kong. I had originally booked another Chi property, but I was "upgraded" to 120. This was done through a series of e-mails. I had to respond to the Chi people, and then get them to contact the booking website where I had made my original reservation. This was quite a bit of trouble while I was working in Hong Kong with limited internet access.
I stayed on the 28th floor. The view of Victoria Harbour is spectacular and the apartment is much bigger than any hotel room I've ever had in Hong Kong. However, that's the best part. Service is lacking. I had tried to ensure that I would have maid service and laundry service. The web site said that both were provided. What it did not say was that they are not provided during public holidays. Since I was staying during a public holiday, I had no maid service for 3 days and had to do my own laundry. I would caution anyone who is considering a stay here to call them directly and inquire specifically about the dates you plan to stay.
The location is also problematic. It is a long walk from the Sheung Wan MTR station especially if you have luggage. I would recommend taking a taxi, but they are hard to find at the apartment building. I thought it was a reasonably safe area, but it was more run down than any other part of Hong Kong where I have stayed.
When I checked out, I could not get a receipt. I was told that I would have to wait until 9 when the office opened. Since I was taking a 9 AM ferry to China, this was not an option. I had to demand to have a receipt e-mailed to me. It arrived later that day.
If room size and ocean views are important to you, this may be perfect. However, if you expect a hotel level of service, you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Doha
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at Chi 120 in January 2013 on my first 5 night solo trip to HK. I had been upgraded from another Chi property in Kowloon, in the midst of the tourist area. I loved the location of Chi 120 in the quitter area of HK island overlooking Victoria Harbour. I returned to HK for 11 nights with my wife in October 2014 and did not hesitate to choose Chi 120. The main reason is the spaciousness of the apartments, so much nicer than a cramped hotel room. The apartments are well furnished and equipped with an impressive Hi-Tech TV/Audio/PC system and a separate kitchen. The balcony overlooking the harbour is a real plus too, as is the Sun Yat Sen memorial park opposite, ideal for an early morning jog or stroll by the harbour. The Chi staff are really good too, friendly, efficient, polite and helpful. The whole process of booking, checking in and out, fixing any minor problems went without a hitch and we were simply made to feel welcome hence the 'home form home' title of this review. Value wise I cannot complain at all and I consider Chi to be really good value for money. There is a Seven Eleven minutes away. the MTR is a fair walk away but an enjoyable walk too, and taxis are plentiful and cheap. For us Chi 120 was the ideal base for our HK vacation and I recommend it strongly. It may be more suited to singles or couples than families with two or more young children.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to enhance the view over Victoria Harbour and to reduce traffic noise (which is...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob K
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 16, 2013

NIce views of HK. Pretty satisfied with Chi 120. Was easy to find with the taxi card I downloaded from their website. Nice comfortable size for 3 persons. We added an extra bed. It was slightly noisy from the buzz of the vehicles from the highway. We were on the 11th floor & its bearable though. Nice size bathroom & it even had a dining table. There's also a small balcony. You will reach your unit with a swipe of the card in the lift & reach your unit where you'll find the kitchen area. Open the main door & u will be in the apartment. We found the location alright cos our main mode of transport was taxi. I think it could be quite a walk to MTR. Overall clean & comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I'm moving to Hong Kong for an extended period and selected CHI Residences 120 as it seemed to look nice and had good feedback from people who'd stayed there. I'm not commenting on the quality of the property at all but the booking and reservations process which was frustrating, protracted, off hand and rude. My experience suggests this is indicative of the service provide so will be looking elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Paul H
Papeete, French Polynesia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great view, very convenient, will be back!
Elevator brings you directly to your room, access is thru the kitchen area
Secured Entrance
Was difficult to get a taxi, but easy to get back.
Enjoyable balcony

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently spent 7 nights at Chi and fell in love with this apartment. Fantastic value, million dollar views, well thought out living areas and excellent storage. It was a pleasure to return here from our adventures during the day. We didn't mind the walk to Sheung Wan MTR and found a few reasonable restaurants a few blocks away on Queen's Road West. In particular, a great Italian restaurant called Piadina - friendly owner with very authentic tastes and great Italian wine. Staff at Chi were helpful and unobtrusive. My only suggestion for improvement would be some more crockery/utensils in the kitchen, as the supplies are fairly basic and the option of a soft overlay for the mattress for western preferences. We miss our little home away from home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple