“Pizzeria for demanding visitors”
Review of Pizzeria Jacomax

Pizzeria Jacomax
Ranked #1,087 of 8,973 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed March 1, 2013

First i wanted know was: is the director and operator italian? Answer: Yes!
To cook a tasty pizza in Hong Kong isn't easy, coz' water is anriched with chlorine.
Renato and his son Jacomo they clear and clean the water by filtration system and then they add minerals to get a very good drinkwater. this is a requirement for create a good pastry.
all ingredients are imported from italy, and u recognize on the the taste.
It can be ordered normal pizza or big pizza. the big pizza satisfies 3 persons.
highly recommended for people who are looking for original italian pizza. don't forget the espresso. Not the best and u can't compare with the original italian espresso, but they do the best to obtain a good resolt.
the accomodation was comfortable, renato always had time to conversay in italian with me. very good hospitality even like italian, if i will fly again to hong kong, the first place i will visit is the pizzeria jacomax.

There are newer reviews for Pizzeria Jacomax

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Hong Kong have several pizza places around, but Jaco Max is one of the best !
Authentic Italian pizza, service is always excellent, if pizza was fat free ill eat there every day ! :-)
Thank you for the great pizza !

Reviewed November 13, 2012

On the way to watch 007 Skyfall me and my better half passed this little pizza shop , never heard or seen before ....but the smell of the pizza for me is like a gun for James Bond : I must have one at any cost ! So we went into this little pizzeria : the ambient is just cozy , nothing pretentious or rather "easy" like in a small Italian trattoria . Service was fast and smooth and in 5 minutes we were both facing a nice pizza . Have to say that was a very good experience , the pizza is not made in the "American thick way" ,but is the really thin and crispy Italian style and the mozzarella and tomato tasted much better then expected . I had also the pizza with Gorgonzola cheese and Speck salami and I was happy for my choice . The "Pizza Master" is a truly Italian guy , from a beautiful Italian city that I particularly love ....... Brescia ! Pota pota pota !!! For sure will go back soon to try other....Mozzarella's guns !!!

2  Thank Padrino-65
Reviewed November 6, 2012

During my 9 month stay in Hong Kong this was my favorite restaurant. Whenever I felt like I need some really good food, I went there.

The Pizza just feels like back home and was always delicious. The Spaghetti Carbonara or the Lasagne are as you would expect it to come directly from an Italian Mama.

Prices are reasonable, service is fast and friendly. The house wine though is somewhat surprising. Most of the time I got the first glass ice cold, the following ones had a better temperature. Never new why.

The interior is very basic and not really inviting, but the food makes it definitely up for it.

If you feel hungry, are in a hurry and want to get delicious italian food, this is the place. Don't look any further.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

RECOMMENDED: If you're visiting Hong Kong, you're not likely to be looking for pizza. Unfortunately, I live here and it's been my quest to try and find good pizza. I've had a hard journey.

Good pizza is super simple but difficult. I want a nice charred crust that crispy and chewy at the same time. I want a nice tomato sauce base that doesn't tasted canned. I want cheese that isn't stringy. I want simple quality toppings.

Jacomax delivers on all of my requirements based upon multiple visits.

Located near Sheung Wan MTR station. It's not a full restaurant, think of it as an advanced fast food place. Only a handful of tables. The owner, who I assume is European, clearly has his hands in the business and he is a patient teacher to the local employees who want to learn how to make good pizza. He's serious about his pizza.

All the pizzas are good, bar none. Wine is available, red or white as is beer..

Prices are quite reasonable and delivery is available (though price by the time you add in all the service charges from the 3rd party). This is good spot for a lunch or a quick bite dinner.

If you've had your fill of Chinese food and looking for a change, it's an journey and mere steps from the MTR station (side street of course)

HINT: Save room for the gelato. A crazed Italian living in far north Hong Kong makes excellent gelato and Jaccomax has by the scoop here. Don't miss this!