“Reasonable”

Best Western Hotel Harbour View Hong Kong
Ranked #462 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Customer service was very good, but not excellent. Breakfast was cheaply done, with no bells ans whistles for food. Rooms were supremely cramped, even for Hong Kong. We had prebooked a harbour view. When my daughter and I got there they had given it away while not refunding the extra money we paid for that honor. For the price though it is reasonable. Location is a 10$ taxi ride to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My Bud and me stayed in Hong Kong at this hotel for 2 nights. It was a good hotel. If you are looking for American standard, this is not the hotel. For two guys who just wanted to get out and see the sites, it was just fine. The cost for Hong Kong was reasonable. If you don't mind walking, the piers were close enough, but I recommend taking a taxi. We both got king size beds and was quite pleased with the sleeping space. Free internet was very nice and very reliable. The staff was quite friendly, all of them. We got breakfast which I am happy about, since it was convenient, fairly well prepared, and I don't care for fast foods. Overall, I am happy with my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Hotels seemed to be pretty expensive in Hong Kong in general, so the Best Western Hotel Harbour View looked like a pretty good deal. We arrived at the hotel early on the airport express train and the free shuttle from Hong Kong station. We couldn't check in without paying for an upgraded room, so we left our bags with the concierge staff, who were extremely friendly and helpful with directions. When we returned later to check-in, they helped us bring our bags up which was really handy, since the lifts were tiny and quite slow since they always filled up so quickly. The room was small, but we expected that since we read that most hotel rooms in Hong Kong are small. The main thing is that it was comfortable, clean, and quiet. We had a mountain view room, which was fine because even on the 22nd floor, we were still surrounded by many other buildings and just wanted a place to relax after a long day of tourist activities. Housekeeping staff were great and polite. Apart from the slow and crowded lifts, the only other downside was that the room heater wasn't working. We told the reception staff about it and they said they would send someone to fix it, although it still didn't work for the rest of our stay. If we set the temperature to 25C, it would go down 17C by the morning, which was annoying since it was very cold in Hong Kong that week and the bed sheets weren't very thick. The location was pretty good - it took us about 10 minutes to walk to the closest train station, although it would have been nice to come home to a warmer room after a cold walk back. When we left, we were waiting for the free shuttle back to the train station. We missed the first one by 1 minute. The second one came and drove straight past us because it was full. The friendly concierge staff noticed, and came running after the shuttle. They were extremely helpful in making sure we didn't miss our flight by offering us two seats on the hotel shuttle from no-shows. Overall, the staff were great, and the hotel was good value for money in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The rooms were too small, the bathrooms comically so - I had to sit on the toilet sideways because the tub was so close to it. Difficult to get a cab, and far from nearest MTR station. Staff was good and hard-working, they were the one positive element. I had a good price via a discount website, so value was still OK for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank bostondale
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here in January for 3 nights. The reception staffs were very friendly and polite, Breakfast was average. The service during the breakfast was excellent on one morning but the other two days were just average. the waiter was busy doing the Dinner setup and was not interested in the guests having breakfast, which was strange! Overall the rooms were beautiful with stunning views of the harbour. The room was spotless and had all the amenities we wanted to stay in for 2-3 nights. We wouls definitely recommend it to our friends and famliy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just stayed in Hong Kong at this hotel for 2 nights. It was a good hotel. Some good things and some fair. The cost for Hong Kong was reasonable. If you don't mind walking, the piers were close enough. It was HKD $ 100 to the floating restaurant JUMBO for example, which I didn't mind paying at all. They were out of single beds so I got a small twin, which I guess was OK. Free internet was very nice and very reliable. The staff was quite friendly, all of them. I didn't get breakfast which I am happy about, since there was a McDonald's about 1 minute away. Overall, I am happy with my stay.

Room Tip: If you don't mind walking a minute to get an Egg McMuffin, save a few dollars and don't pay...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jbscram
Reviewed February 9, 2014

A good view on the city, but more of a "sneak peak" at the harbour.
The location is not very good to those taking the subway as their primary transportation.
Since the nearest subway station is at least 15-20min of walk.

The reception tried to sell me an upgrade for a higher floor room for 200 HKD.
I declined but they gave me that room for free anyway.
I guess they were just running out of rooms, but why not give me for free in the beginning?
That way I would've appreciated it much more, instead of wondering if they were trying to make a fool out of me in the beginning.

The rooms are tiny and clean, but I won't complain that since most hotels in HK are like this.
They should just substitute the bathtub for a shower and generate more bathroom space.
The rooftop pool looks great unfortunately I didn't have the time to take a swim.

Overall I would say this is a great hotel but not good for those who intend to take subway all the time during their stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business