I would really like to write something good about this hotel because it is pretty well located, it is clean and it is cheap. Unfortunately, I have been very disappointed with quite a few things that I think are important when you carry the name Best Western.
1) Upon check in, I was told that I booked a normal room (lower floors - so noisier - and facing the building next door), which was true, that's the room I booked. So they asked me if I wanted an upgrade to a deluxe room (higher floor, facing the harbour) for 220 hkd a night instead of 800+. As I chose this hotel for the price, I decided to keep my room.
As it happened, without paying any extra, the room assigned to me was on the 33rd floor with the view on the harbour. So I feel that they tried to make me pay extra for something that I already had for the same price.
2) As the weather was pretty cold outside and there is no heater in the room, I asked for an extra blanket but I was told that there wasn't any left but they could bring an electric heater instead. I mean, the heater did the job but what kind of hotel doesn't have an extra blanket.
3) Rooms in HK are small, that's a fact but you can still use the space well. In this hotel there is no closet to hang your clothes (there are a couple hooks on the wall) and the bath room has a toilet and a bath tub. The sink is outside the bathroom and there is so little space between the toilet and the bath tub that you can't stand in front of the toilet, and if you sit, your legs are widely spread and stuck, one against the wall and one against the door.
I think it would make a world of difference if they had put a shower instead of a bath tub.
4) When I left, I asked for a wake up call at 7.30am. I left the hotel after 8 and nobody ever called. If you can't provide a wake up call, don't put it on the service list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hotel Harbour View is a 38-story high-rise located on Queen's Road West on Hong Kong Island. 432 Guest rooms with most of the rooms facing the famous Victoria Harbour. Rooms adopt a modern chic design with dining facilities and a seasonal roof-top swimming pool. All rooms are equipped with free WIFI, flat TV, cable TV program, in-room safe, mini refrigerator, replenishment of coffee & tea set, IDD phone and central air conditioning. Hotel is steps away from MTR Sai Ying Pun Station (Exit A1). Tram stop is nearby which makes the connection with the Central and the East more close. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Hotel Harbour View Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Harbour View Hong Kong