Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Hong Kong Greeters Private Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Hong Kong Greeters Private Tours
from $95.22
from $89.34
from $662.23
from $71.84
More Info
All reviews tour guide hour tour victoria peak famous dim sum fortune sticks nye cruise st johns cathedral octopus travel jardine house bronze lions delicious dim sum wong tai sin temple peninsula hotel fortune told outstanding tour ding ding tram personal guide
Reviewed March 24, 2017

What do you do if you're visiting Hong Kong for the first time, will be in town for only one day, are on business with limited time -- but still want to get the best possible exposure to this terrific city? Take a tour with Amy!

This was exactly my scenario. I was thrilled to have the chance to visit Hong Kong, but was worried I'd miss out with such limited time. I envisioned myself at best rattling around the city in a bus tour, catching fleeting glimpses of sights and only half-understanding the commentary blaring at me through a speaker. I feared even that might be impossible, given my availability was so specific. What bus tours start at 5 pm?

When I discovered Hong Kong Greeters, it seemed too good to be true. A private walking tour with a native English speaker who really knew the city and was able to adapt to my specific schedule and availability? That seemed worth almost any price.

Amy didn't disappoint. I was able to pick the start time, and she met me at my hotel and we went from there. She blended visits to the popular sights with off-the-beaten-track spots. She's got the story on every interesting part of the city, as well as being able to recount the overall historical context, to place everything in perspective. On top of that she's pleasant, personable, with a good sense of humor -- downright charming!

The measure of how great of an experience it was is that even though I was in Hong Kong only for about 24 hours, and spent most of it engaged in business, I feel like I was really "there," as with locations where I've spent much more time and as a full-time tourist.

I encourage you to get a tour of this fantastic city from Hong Kong Greeters!

1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

We (four of us) booked Hong Kong Greeters for a full day tour with a van in mid-February 2017 and our guide Amy, who owns Hong Kong Greeters, was excellent. Amy drove the van and she knew well her way around the city. Our day was filled with visiting a number of sites in Wan Chai, Kowloon and the New Territories; it really was a full day of sightseeing. Amy planned the schedule of sites so that we avoided the crowds of tourists as much as possible and we agreed to the schedule which was comprehensive. She has been a guide for more than 8 years and clearly she knew much about Hong Kong, making our tour exceptionally interesting.

2  Thank farfartheman
Reviewed March 11, 2017

We booked our day with Amy following an excellent personal recommendation. There were 3 of us and Amy met us at our hotel (totally punctual), we then went via The Peninsula Hotel to Tim Sha Tsui station where she sorted our Octopus cards which we then used throughout our trip. We headed to Mo Temple and Hollywood Road Park, took the tram to Wan Chai, spend time in the wet market, seeing all the fresh meat and fish and sampled fruits off the market unknown to us. Had lunch at a local stall off the market. Headed over to Aberdeen and did a short Sampan ride, headed back to Kowloon and went to Mong Kok for the ladies market.

Amy totally enhanced our visit to Hong Kong as her local knowledge and ability to converse with the locals meant we learnt so much more about the city and the customs of the locals. We enjoyed trying the different foods, we used our Octopus cards throughout our stay and jumped on and off public transport throughout the next day which we probably wouldn't have done if we hadn't purchased them with Amy. For anyone wanting an experience of purchasing handbags off a market in Hong Kong, you need Amy. Very enjoyable day and although we only spent our first day with Amy, she helped us with our plans for the rest of our stay and we even booked and tried acupuncture the next day which we would never had done if we hadn't discussed it with her. Would totally recommend booking Amy.

3  Thank VV V
Reviewed March 9, 2017

Three of us took a tour with Amy on a recent trip to Hong Kong - despite the fact we had been there previously, I am so glad we did! Amy was a fabulous tour leader who knew her stuff and showed us so much more of Hong Kong than we had previously seen. Amy is delightful company and is happy to share her knowledge and experiences. And for coffee fiends can even point you in the right direction for the best brew!! A great experience well worth doing. Thanks Amy!

Date of experience: February 2017
4  Thank Sally B
Reviewed March 7, 2017

Our group of 6 took a private tour with Amy, which I would highly recommend. She took us all over Hong Kong and was very flexible though out the day. She even stopped mid-tour to take 2 people who were tired back to the hotel. She took us to a great spot for dim sum for lunch and even added an extra place to the tour. I would highly recommend booking her, there is no way you could see as much on your own and she helps you to experience the local flavor.

Date of experience: February 2017