“This is DOWNTOWN!”

Ranked #94 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Kure, Japan
“This is DOWNTOWN!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I long wanted to see the downtown Hong Kong.
So I chose this hotel. And that was right.
I saw many typical Hong Kong lives.
Around this hotel, there are so many enjoyable places to visit.
Especially, the restaurants which serve Hong Kong food are excellent.
I stayed there for only two nights. I was very sorry to have been there only two nights.

1 Thank takamako6363
IBIS H, General Manager at Ibis Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear takamako6363,

We are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. It’s indeed a great pleasure taking care of you and your appreciation towards our location.

Thanks for your support and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

ibis Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I am usually not one to leave a bad review but I really did not like this hotel. I will start off with the positive points. The hotel staff were fairly helpful and tried there best to make the stay comfortable. The rooms were small but clean and were serviced daily to an acceptable standard. There were many issues with this hotel but the main one that stands out to me is the bed. They are very hard and extremely uncomfortable. The elevator situation is also dreadful, you often have to line up for up to 10 minutes to get up or down and some lifts do not service all levels meaning you may have to wait twice. This is a budget hotel that has no charm and Is far from convenient. I guess you get what you pay for....

Room Tip: Opt for the harbour view if possible, the city view is poor and looks directly into other apartments...
1 Thank jonjonro
IBIS H, General Manager at Ibis Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear jonjonro,

Thank for your insightful comments about us and I would like to apology for our facilities which do not meet with you expectation.

Our Simmons mattress is covered by 7cm feather topper and we are welcome to give you extra toppers on guest own request in order to fit for individual comfort. We have 5 elevators serving the guests for 32 floors. It will be quite busy during the peak check-in and check-out time. I would like to apologise for the delay in service and thanks for your patience.

Look forward to extending our warmest welcome to your next visit again!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I spent three nights at this hotel on the 32nd floor. Getting here was so easy from the airport. $100 on the train and then there is a free shuttle that takes you to the hotel. Brilliant. Reception is on the 5 th floor of the hotel and there is a Starbucks downstairs, in case you are unsure if you are in the right place.
Reception is often crazy busy with many people in a confined area. But the staff were lovely. They were efficient and personable. I forgot my charger, they loaned me one for my stay. The tram is right outside the door. Just remember to have exact change $2.80 from memory or your Octopus Card.
I had requested Harbour view room thinking I would see the fireworks and light and sound show but alas I was in room 3207 which still has Harbour views but not of the light and sound show. So ask for rooms 08 - 10 on whichever floor for those views.
I only ate at the hotel once. The food was nothing spectacular but the service was great. Very friendly.
My room. The air conditioning I found to be loud but that is fine. It is a confined space. There was water provided everyday. Enough space for what I brought. The room was clean. I used the dry cleaning service which I thought was reasonably priced and quick same day service.
Taxis are always outside the front door. Have front desk write instructions for the driver as they do not all speak English.
I liked the area. There is a post office nearby and lots of eating options. I could go on... The only reason I did not rate 5 star was because of two things. When I made the booking I specifically wanted the particular Harbour view room that I did not get. It was not explained that there are two Harbour view room types. Also I found the other patrons who were on my floor in a group loud and inconsiderate, talking loudly, slamming doors etc between midnight and 2am. Let's just say. I did not sleep much.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear CleoBKK,

I am glad to hear that you had a great time at ibis Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan Hotel and we thank you for your nice compliments on our staff and services.

There are only 3 room types available in our hotel (i.e. City View Room, Harbour View Room and Studio Room). The allocation of Harbour View Room will depend on the situation and availability. We will try our best to fulfill your request during booking, however, we cannot guarantee to make it since we have to consider the on-day availability of the Harbour View Room with the view you have requested.

I am sorry for your experience about the neighborhood. If the situation happens again in your next stay, please call our Assistant Manager and we will try our best to help and provide you a cozy sleep here.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our world of hospitality.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Enjoyed my stay here. Good and convenient location. Very nice view of the harbour and near the central pomenerade.
Appreciated the hospitality and the room upgrade by the front desk. Thank you so much! Accor hotels are always my number 1 choice. :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We arrived at IBIS late at night after miscommunication with an apartment company. Many hotels/hostels were full, but IBIS had one room available. After trekking the streets of Hong Kong for some time after 36 hours without sleep, we were pretty much up for anything. IBIS was a pleasant suprise!

The staff was not overly friendly, but polite enough. We stayed at the 31st floor at a room with an amazing view of the harbour. The room had free, fast wifi, was very clean and big enough for the two of us and our big backpacks (not too common in Hong Kong, we have realized). The location of the hotel is perfect, only a 15 minute walk to the Soho area. Moreover, the area around the hotel was also very fascinating. Also, Starbucks has a shop on the first floor - perfect if you need your coffee in the morning or want a cheaper breakfast meal than the hotel breakfast.

All in all a great stay. However, the prizes are a little steep.

1 Thank benedictebjerknes
IBIS H, General Manager at Ibis Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear benedictjerknes,

Thanks for your wonderful comments about ibis Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us in the Harbour View room. It’s indeed a great pleasure taking care of you and your appreciation towards our room size and free WiFi are a great motivation to all of us.

Thanks for your support and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Sri Kembangan, Malaysia
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel located in the heart of Sheung Wan, the hotel has the Queen St tram stop right outside the door, and only a 5 min walk to the HK-Macau Ferry Terminal & MTR (8 min) nearby. There is a Starbucks Cafe at the of the hotel.

To get to the hotel, catch the Airport Express at the airport and get off at the Hong Kong Station. Interchange with the complimentary Airport Express Shuttle Bus (Route H1) (FREE) which runs every 20 minutes and will drop you by the entrance of the hotel.

5 Thank CELESTESIN80
Dear CELESTESIN80,

I am thrilled that you find our hotel in the great location and is having the marvelous transportation network which allow you to access here with no difficulty.

Thanks for all your nice comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back real soon.