“Nice ambience-terrible food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a classic example of a restaurant that focuses solely on trendiness and not on its food. The place is packed with mainly young people,it does have a great atmosphere but the food is well below average. For a place with such name one does expect first class steaks perfectly cooked. Here you get neither. I am sure there are better steak places in Hong Kong.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Was taken here by my son who lives in HK. Atmosphere is just like a NY or Chicago steak joint. The floor manager was very helpful & charming, & went through the cocktails on offer. We opted for whisky sours (off menu, but expertly made) The rest of the staff worked diligently, but could show a little more personality!
Now on to the food. We had a selection of four starters including the quail (beautifully moist & flavorsome); the smoked beetroot, cucumber & feta salad (I loved the hazelnut vinaigrette); the fois gras & chicken liver pate (gutsy & good flavor, with an excellent onion marmalade; & the tomato, buratta salad (how does the chef get those tomatoes to taste so good?)
Next we shared the Dutch veal cheek & sweetbreads, with truffled orzo & it was mouthwateringly delicious. My son also ordered a wagyu steak. I found this a bit too fatty, but the flavor was decidedly tasty. Our sides included a scrummy cauliflower & chorizo au gratin & truffled french fries. I was too stuffed for dessert, but son pressed on & ordered an apple crumble in a cup! I was shown the wine "cellar" & very comprehensive it is too. The cold room for the meat was impressive. Altogether an excellent meal. Will go again when next in HK.

1  Thank havebagwilltravel49
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Ok...we had a great night...Manager is just superb, rest of staff young and quiet...the food however was great...you must have the tomatoes with Bocconcini....if you're re looking for a very groovy restaurant in the heart of Hollywood Rd near all the bars and love Australian produce..especially various steaks and seafood..then this is great..also good for groups of 4- 10ppl.

steaks range from $50 - $100.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went there with my parents and they absolutely loved it. The staff were so nice and helpful and polite there and we had so much to eat that we had to take home our leftovers as my parents didn't want it to go to waste since it was so good.
I will definitely bring my friends there to check it out and I'm sure they will love it.

1  Thank Kiara H
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had cocktails at Blue Butcher and they were amazing. I really like the apple pie drink in the brown bag so much. It was really tasty and delicious drink. Inside upstairs have a beautiful restaurant also not just great bar. I decide after drinks to try and eat at Blue Butcher but they said 'No Way' because they were full. I think it is better to get reservations at this cool new place. Very cool place. I think it is good for you to try.

2  Thank HK_Traveller_for_fun