“A great place for a romantic dinner”
Review of View 62 - CLOSED

View 62
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I went there for my friend's bithhday dinner on a Saturday,

The restaurant was't busy at all. But the atmosphere was still nice. The restaurants resolves one circle once every 75 minutes and you can enjoy the good view around. The tables were far away from each other and you can enjoy some quiet conversation with your dining companion(s).

I opted for the 11-course tasting menu ($950 only) and my friends had a osyster, a seafood soup, a steak and a dessert. The food was more towards molecular cuisine and most of the dishes were tasty and nicely presented.

They even had the live band to sing happy birthday to my friend.

Overall a memorable meal. I recommend the place and will go there again.

There are newer reviews for View 62

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Spent my birthday with my wife, my daughter and my good friend Michael in this restaurant.
The restaurant was very quiet due to typhoon signal 3.
I have been to the revolving restaurant 15 years ago so I knew what to expect on the view, which
is stunning.

View 62 is modern and has a very romantic ambience. The Filipina singer who's got a voice similar to Norah Jones/ Diana Krall, was singing ballads the whole night, just made the ambience and mood really special and romantic.

Gloria took care of us and explained the menu. She gave us great recommendations, she explained very patiently the dishes as they are being served and gave us great tips on tasting the food. She was even quick to recommend the cheapest starter....Just simply amazing service. Kudos to Gloria and the management !

Now on to the food...

We were served mojito sorbet on a half pc of lime. Very nice touch and very refreshing.

I ordered a bottle of PROTOS 2006 RESERVA at HKD 600...( very reasonable price I must admit )

-bread roll w/ olive oil/ balsamic. Honestly, the best olive oil I've ever tasted and the bread was beautiful.
-36 month iberico bellota ham. Gloria taught us to place a piece of ham, add tomato puree on a special piece of bread. ( EVERYONE WAS AT A LOST FOR WORDS !!! UNBELIEVABLE TASTE...FOR ME, DEFINITELY THE HIGHTLIGHT OF THE EVENING !!! )
-cheese platter. All 4 of us shared a single portion, so we all got to taste 4 types of cheese. It was just the perfect serving.

STARTERS
-omelette, lobster salad, foie gras with ginger sorbet, foie gras on a special bread.
Saying that the starters were perfect doesn't do justice. The presentation, taste, everything,
was unbelievable ! We all took a bite of everyone's starters. The foie gras with ginger sorbet is my favorite.

MAIN COURSE
-beef tenderloin ( cooked perfectly but the beef was not served hot, so a bit of a disappointment )
-lamb chops with tomato and bufala ( ordered medium rare. May taste better if medium )
-Me and Michael shared the suckling pig ( the skin was perfectly crispy, and the meat very succulent ). The pig slightly lacked taste, just a tad bland.

After dinner, we moved close to the singers, and had some cocktails and stayed until about 1 am.

Overall, unforgettable !!! Would definitely go back again !!!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The food is so delicious I didn't want to swallow it I wanted to savour the flavour forever. I wanted to lick my plate when I'd finished. Beautiful delicious food. Been 3 times now and will keep going.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

A totally unique dining experience with incredibly delicious food and stunning views over Hong Kong. The prices are actually quite reasonable for this standard of restaurant. I couldn't explain the meal even if I tried, but it was well worth the experience! Highly recommended.

1  Thank elanem
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This evening was the 3rd time my family went to View 62 by Paco Roncero within 6 months. It is far better than other 'traditional' big names (such as Mandarin Grill or Pierre). We enjoyed the dining experience thoroughly on each occasion. Service was consistently great (Billy was very courteous and professional).

This time we tried its 9-course tasting menu (+ a complimentary cocktail to start with and Petit Fours after the menu dessert). Each and every dish was absolutely fabulous. The quail which comes with a sauce braised with the quail bones was simply unequalled. The price of HKD950 (or USD120) is certainly reasonable for such exquisite dining experience.

Quite apart from the quality of the dishes, the setting of the restaurant itself makes it a must-go. It is the only 360-degree revolving restaurant in Hong Kong (on the 62th floor of Hopewell Centre in Wanchai) which gives you a fantastic view of the harbour, the peak and skyscrapers of the city. I enjoy the ever but slowing changing view even more than the view from the Peak - and I am saying this as someone who was born and grew up here in Hong Kong!