“8 perfect hours” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #83 of 713 Hotels in Hong Kong
Dubai
“8 perfect hours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Came just after midnight - meet with a smile!
Often when you come late and it is dark you need a flashlight to unpack your things. In this hotel there is lots of light.
Had a long shower and went to sleep in perfect bed - not too hard not too soft.
Had an almost perfect breakfast with only problem being that they could not find any salt for my eggs.

Will for sure come back if I will be going to HK.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lhotel_elan_hk, Director of Sales & Marketing at L'hotel elan, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Skovmose

Thank you for sharing your review and we are happy to read that you have had a wonderful stay with us! On your next visit, please feel free to check out our latest accommodation and dining offers available on hotel website! Our team and I wish to serve again in the future.

L’hotel élan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Makati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is a classy boutique hotel even by Hong Kong standards. The rooms are large and can accommodate 3 double beds. It is part of an apartment building with a great lounge and pool. You need key cards to go up the elevator and move between floors. The bathrooms are modern and classy with an electrical opaque/ clear glass window. It has nice comfortable beds and a curtained area which conceals a sunbed. There's an iPad, sound dock and large flat screen TV. The only drawback is it's in the middle of an industrial district about 600 meters from the MTR station. Buses are available at the nearby shopping center. Convenience stores are at the subway station. The prices were reasonable for the kind of room. I'm just concerned that too many good reviews will allow them to raise their prices too much ;-)

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, there are rooms with a view of the old Kaitak airport redevelopment.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear FilipinoBusinessman

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on TripAdvisor and we are glad to learn that you have made the most out of our facilities. On your next visit, please feel free to check out our latest accommodation and dining offers available on our hotel website.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is an excellent hotel in a city that has some very highly priced accommodation. The hotel is slightly out of the centre in what I think is a more residential area. Please don't be put off by this because it's 5 minutes walk from a metro station and the hotel staff are also happy to call you a taxi and tell the driver where you want go.
The hotel itself is very modern, clean and well equipped with comfy beds and iPads in the rooms, as well as very nice showers. The pool area is on the roof and gives a beautiful view of the city.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura I

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and we are thrilled to learn that our hotel facilities and amenities have lived up to your expectations! Don’t forget to check out our exclusive accommodation and dining offers available on our hotel official website on your next visit!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Located in industrial area, away for city centre. 5 minutes walk to MTR station and Chui Wah hq. Nice and clean room. A real double bed with pillows. Great hotel. Beautiful night view from the gym area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank llm001
Dear llm001

Thank you for sharing your comments, and we are happy to learn that you have had a comfortable stay with us. Please feel free to take a look at our hotel website for more updated information and latest accommodation and dining offers. We hope to see you again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Location is out of way for TSM and Jordan area however, its just afew stops to Central area. Hotel is boutique style and they provide pillow services. There's a wide range of pillows one can choose from. There is no much English channels to watch on tv. The swimming pool is very small and just in front of the check-in counter at 35th floor.
There's free shuttle bus to TSM area but it will take quite long to get there via their shuttle as it needs to stop by their other hotel in the area. Staff are very friendly also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnieTan
Dear AnnieTan

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor and we are glad to learn that you have made the most out of our complimentary shuttle to Tsimshatsui, Kowloon Station, and Mongkok and exclusive selection of pillows. On your next visit, please feel free to check out our latest accommodation and dining offers available on our hotel website! We wish to serve you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Upgrade upon arrival which was lovely.

The shuttle service would be good however it seems like it takes a lot longer than public transport or a taxi.

Hotel was spotless, with everything you could want. It was just a shame it was a little farther out than we had hoped!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jem0986
Dear Jem0986

Thank you so much for your comments and we are thrilled to learn that you have had a wonderful stay with us! When you plan for a revisit, you may want to consider to sign up to be our Vivva loyalty members to enjoy extra benefits and more! You may easily find out more details on our hotel website. We hope to serve you again soon!

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I checked-in with my girlfriend on 18/4/2014, stayed for one night. During the check-in procedure, I can barely listen to the gentleman who served me. I am a native speaker in Cantonese. I don't know why I had to repeat "pardon me" for that many times. I felt that I could not communicate with him.
Since I booked a room including breakfast, we went down and had our early meal around 9am. The waitress said my name wasn't on the list. She called the reception to ask for details, but still insisted I have to pay for the breakfast (offering me a discount price). Forte was at 2/F. I had to travel all the way back to 32/F to the reception to further look into my case (I was staying on 30/F). When I approached the reception and asked what's going on, the two ladies at the front desk checked for me and said actually I really did pay for the breakfast. Maybe some information was wrong when I checked in. My question is why can't the waitress solve this problem for me at 2/F? Why didn't they look up my information and deal the problem themselves? It's wasting my time.
When I headed back down to 2/F, the waitress said we could go in this time, and enjoy our breakfast. No people led us to any table, we sat down at a table which seemed available. I poured a cup of tea, put it on the table and then went out to get the food. When I came back, there was a man sitting there, and said since he's already started eating, can we change to another table? What is going on?!!!!! Am I really eating at a Hotel's restaurant?!!!!!
This is my second trip to L'hotel Elan, I am deeply upset with the service. To conclude, this was my second stay, and I am pretty sure this was also my last stay at this poor hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank dinchung
Dear dinchung

Thank you for sharing your views and thoughts with us and please accept our apologies for our service shortfall. Your feedback is truly important for us and rest assured that your comments have been shared among our team for review and improvement. We sincerely hope that this isolated incident would not impair your confidence in us and we wish for another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

L'hotel élan