“Great experience”

Ranked #82 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed at L'hotel Elan three times. Most recently in March 2014.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and beautifully appointed. Great bathroom with strong shower with nice towels and toiletries. The beds are comfortable and staff are really terrific and always helpful.

The wifi is free and dependable and each room provide free minibar drinks. There are also drinks available near the gym which is open 24/7 on 35th floor. Also there is a great view, especially at night, from this floor.

This hotel is located in the Kwun Tong region and is about a five minute walk from the MTR Ngau Tau Kok station. Though it is admittedly some distance from TST and Hong Kong Island, the transport system is fast and reasonably priced, that the location is manageable. There is also a hotel shuttle bus to Kowloon station and TST.

I will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
lhotel_elan_hk, Director of Sales & Marketing at L'hotel elan, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear marie1Sydney

It is delightful to learn that our valuable guests keep coming back for our welcoming hospitality and facilities! When you plan for a return, please check out more information about our Vivva loyalty program on our hotel website for extra benefits and endless surprises. We wish to welcome you again soon!

L’hotel élan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed at L'hotel élan a number of times for work and it is always wonderful. I decided to write a review this stay because the staff have been particularly accommodating. Sun and Gigi really helped me out doing everything they could to get me a room and keep me updated when the hotel was already fully booked. The hotel itself is super comfortable, modern and well appointed. Close proximity to the train is a huge plus, and the food is great.

Dear Adam P

Thank you so much for staying with us again and we are delighted to read that our welcoming hospitality has lived up to your expectation. When you plan for a revisit, please check out more information about our Vivva loyalty program on our hotel website for extra benefits and endless surprises. Our team and I hope to welcome you again soon!

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Hotel is new, high class, with all you can imagine from a 4* hotel amenities and services.

Free wifi, ipad in the room with menu of the restaurant and all kind of information.

Pretty big room.

The restaurant is way too expensive for the quantity and quality serve for diner. You eat at the same place in the morning for breakfast, which is good, even thougt the coffee is (as always in Asia), insipid.

The location thougt isn't good if you are here to discover the city. 5 min walk to the next station, and then 25 min to get HK center.

Room Tip: ask for a higher level room !
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lesvoyageurs2011
Dear Colinou1

Thank you so much for share your review on TripAdvisor and we are glad to read that you have had a comfortable stay with us. When you plan for a return, please check out more information regarding our Vivva loyalty program on our hotel website for extra benefits and endless surprises. We wish to serve you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed in L'Hotel Elan between 10th and 16th of March and it was my second holiday in Hong Kong. We stayed in the Hung Hom area last time and this time round wanted to try out a different district.
The hotel is in Kwun Tong which is a little further East from Hung Hom. It is very close to Ngau Tau Kok MTR station (less than five minute walk away) making getting around fairly easy. To get to Tsim Sha Tsui or Central for example, it would take approximately 20 - 30 minutes on the train. This didn't really bother me as Hong Kong's MTR is very efficient. A few stops from the hotel there are a few temples worth checking out too (Chi Lin Nunnery, Nan Lian Garden and Wong Tai Sin). There were also several bus routes serving the area and taxis were plentiful and cheap. The MTR is also very cheap and easy to use with an Octopus card.
There wasn't much else around the vicinity of the hotel however; a few 7/11, a McDonald's and a mall - the rest was pretty much residential and offices.

On to the positives, the design of the hotel is really quite stunning. Checking-in was very quick and done via the concierge on the 35th floor. When I arrived there was a thick fog over Hong Kong but the view over the city from the 35th floor would be revealed to me a few days later. Staff were very helpful too. There was a small mix-up with my room but it was resolved immediately. I was a bit taken aback by the room deposit which hadn't been mentioned when I booked. It was fairly sizeable but as I didn't break anything during my stay, it is fully refunded.
Going into my room on the 6th floor, I was surprised how big it was. Large bed, with some enormous pillows. I slept very soundly on this bed every night!
There was an iPad provided in the room which had an app installed for customising my stay. I could order room-service, drinks, check out the pillow selection and check my room bill all through the app - very intuitive and modern thinking.
The room came with a complimentary mini-bar which would be restocked daily. A nice touch! The snacks were not free however. There was free Wi-Fi which I found to be pretty quick and worked solidly.
The bathroom was also really nicely designed with a cool trough-like sink and a very relaxing undulating power shower over the bath.
I slept soundly every night during my stay and would highly recommend trying out this hotel if you don't mind being a little away from the centre. I believe Kwun Tong is an area currently being developed, so given time you might find there'll be more in the local area.
In the meantime, thank you staff at L'Hotel Elan for a really pleasant stay!

Room Tip: I would imagine west-facing rooms would offer the best views of the city.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Pabs1981
Dear Pabs1981

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor and it is delightful to read that our hospitality and facilities have lived up to your expectation! When you plan for a return, please check out more information regarding our Vivva loyalty program on our hotel website for extra benefits and endless surprises. Our team and I hope to welcome you again in the future!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 10, 2014

In spite of the location, L'hotel Elan is a really great hotel with exceptional service, modern amenities and meets the demands of the modern day traveler.

The hotel is about a five minute walk from the Kwun Tong line, off the Ngau Tau Kok station. It's about a 25 minute ride to Tsim Sha Tsui and a 35 minute ride to HK Island (Central area). The hotel is an industrial area so after hours, there isn't much to do. I always felt safe, however, even walking around the area at night. There are restaurants within walking distance, but many places do close after work hours.

On to the room: whomever designed the rooms really thought about the end user and maximized space without sacrificing design elements. There is great storage space including the closet and shelves built into the desk area. There's a little sitting area next to the window (if you're on a high floor, great views of HK Island). The bed is quite comfortable, though, I do wish the pillows were a little more firm.

One thing I realized about this hotel is the generous amenities that are provided to the guests. In addition to free (and quite dependable) Wi-Fi, drinks from the minibar are free. There are free snacks available on the 35th floor, 24 hours a day. The gym is also open 24 hours a day. Included in each room are robes and slippers. Again, the hotel really goes out of its way to make guests feel at home.

The staff are quite attentive as well, particularly the concierge service on the ground floor. They're always keen to help you find your way around, store luggage or hail a cab for you.

If you want to be where the action is, I would recommend a place in Tsim Sha Tsui. If you want a relaxing place to come home to (like me), give L'hotel Elan a shot; you won't be disappointed.

A special thank you to all the wonderful, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room as to have good views of the surrounding area.
1 Thank Louie M
Dear Louie M

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we are thrilled to read that you have had a wonderful stay with us! We understand that preferences on pillows’ firmness could be quite different from one person’s to another, and that is why we have carefully picked a selection of pillows, such as foam pillow, and lavender pillow etc., to accommodate personalized comfort! You may easily check out our pillow list via the Hotel App available on the in-room iPad. Do try it and let us know how you feel about our pillows on your next stay with us!

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in L'hot Élan for 5 days and 4 nights. Upon entering the hotel you would be amazed by its interiors. From the receiving area to the 35th floor reception (which I found to be odd) to the rooms. It is well styled and thought off.

Overall experience was good but not amazing but because of a couple of things.

A. I availed of a package that includes breakfast. The breakfast is good but it becomes a little too boring if you're eating the same thing for 5 days.

B. I am from the philippines which, unfortunately, we use a different outlet system than HK.

Though I appreciate the fact that there was a ready adapter in the room (two thumbs up for this) I needed more for the gadgets I brought with me.

I asked the front desk if they could provide me with one more. 1st time I asked, no one came. 2nd time I asked, they said, they don't have a spare adapter to lend me. Which I could hardly believe.

C. The air conditioning was not as cold as I wanted it to be.

Rating - 5 highest 1 least

Overall stay - 4
Bed - 4
Location - 3 (good thing the train station is a 5 to 10 minute walk away)
Food - 4
Reception staff - 2

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Joseph R
Dear Joseph R

Thank you for taking your time to share your review and we are sorry to read that our service has not lived up to your expectation. Please rest assured your comments have been reflected among our team for review and improvement.

We hope this isolated incident would not impair your confidence in us and we do look forward to another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Las Pinas
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was my first time at L'hotel elan. The very quick and efficient bell service took my bag at the ground floorwhen I arrived mid afternoon. Check in was on the 35th floor and didn't take very long. I was in my room less than ten minutes when my bag was delivered. The room was bright and well furnished. The bed was comfortable and came with four huge pillows. There was an i-pad that you could use. Internet was free but a tad slow. The mini-bar had a choice of drinks - was free and replenished daily. There were snacks available for a fee. There was also good quality coffee and tea -if you wanted to make your own. The bathroom was clean and spacious but some of the towels were beginning to show signs of wear and tear. There was a small in-room safe and lots of sockets and lights. Buffet breakfast was served at the 2nd floor - but after four days, I noticed that the choices were rather limited. The small lap pool on the 35th floor was still closed but there was a small 24 hour gym. There was a bowl of green apples, mixed nuts and dried fruit, diet softdrinks, coffee and tea - all for free. Staff were quite pleasant.
Location was in the middle of industrial buildings but walking to the MTR. There are a few convenience stores and small cafe's close by. APM Mall is a 15 to 20 minute walk. Shops, restaurants and a supermarket. You get a good room at a good price. I would stay here again.

Dear JEmmanuelLasPinas

Thank you so much for your comments and it is delightful to read that our hospitality has lived up to your expectation! When you plan for a return, please check out more information in regards to our Vivva loyalty program on our hotel website for extra benefits and endless surprises. Our team and I hope to serve you again in the future!