“Definitely worth it”

Ranked #77 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne, Australia
“Definitely worth it”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here with my husband recently. Reviews were spot on.
Hotel itself looked beautifull and new. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Room was nice, clean and spacious. Wifi was provided with there own iPad in the rooms. Breakfast was nice. The pool was outside reception, which was a little weird, but you get over it. The hotel is in a not so nice area, looks unsafe but it wasn't. Starbucks, mc Donald's nearby. And a shopping mall one station away. Metro station a 10-15 minutes walk away.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. And would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
lhotel_elan_hk, Director of Sales & Marketing at L'hotel elan, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear MarieAnnick24

Thank you for posting your comments via TripAdvisor platform and we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Don’t forget to check out our latest hotel updates and exclusive accommodation and dining offers available on our hotel website. We look forward to serving you again soon.

L’hotel élan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2013 as part of an Asian tour. I was not leery of the location at first, but it is convenient to the subway and easy to find. I admit that I got turned around the first time I took the subway back because it was late at nite. However, the area was safe and I asked someone for directions from the subway exit. I liked the perks, large tv, soaps, shampoos, lotion, toothbrush, comb et cetera and the free stuff in the fridge! The free slippers were also nice and I kept a pair as a souvenir. The robe was also nice but of course, you have to leave it. Staff is really courteous and the shuttle was convenient. I had a hard time locating the shuttle stop near Canton Road at nite, so after one trip, I just took the subway back to the hotel. It was easier. The gym looked good but I didnt try it, but I did partake of the free fruit and water offering on the 35th floor where the reception is. The female told me I had to eat the food there and not take it off the floor but I am very naughty and disobeyed her order. The view from the 35th floor is amazing. You can see the ships on the harbor and it is beautiful. The hotel is new and high tech. It will take you a little while to get used to how to turn on the lights et cetera, but they provide a promo on ur tv. On the last day, when I was checking out, I accidentally dropped the hotel card key down the large space where the floor joins the elevator and was afraid they were going to charge me but they said they would not. That's a relief! I really really enjoyed this hotel. The room was spacious and very clean. The remote for the tv took some maneuvering but u get the hang of it. I did not eat at the restaurant and chose to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: I am sure that all rooms are nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear starfirebhs

Thank you so much for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor and we are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us! When you plan for a revisit, don’t forget to check out our exclusive accommodation and dining offers on our hotel website. Our team and I hope to see you again soon!

Yogyakarta
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Me and my girlfriend picked this hotel based on reviews from this site, and we were not disappointed.

The hotel is a bit far from the main parts of the city, and the area itself is not really nice, but you have the metro station 3-4 blocks away, which means you can go almost anywhere in 15-20 minutes.

The hotel itself is gorgeous, and very modern.
The room we got was big, with a very nice bathroom with lots of utilities. The bed was comfortable, we had a nice LCD tv, and the Ipad in the room is great.

The staff is super friendly, and went beyond the call of duty to help us. We had some very bad luck in our travels, as we:
- Lost the smartphone on the taxi
- Both of us got sick in the middle of the vacation
- A chinese ATM ate my debit card without warning

In all of these cases the staff was more than helpful, and they did phone calls to assist me. Sadly the phone and atm were lost forever, but they were great in assisting us to a nice hospital.

I would recommend heavily this hotel, if you don't mind being a bit far away. The ratio quality/price is the best you will get in Hong Kong.

2 Thank Patricio S
Dear Patricio S

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are sorry for your unpleasant experience however delighted to receive positive feedback especially your appreciation of our team members’ assistance. When you plan for a return, you may want to consider our élan duplex package that is exclusively available on our hotel website! Our team and I hope to welcome you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I spend 9 nights here in September 2013. I felt a little dubious at first about the location of the hotel. I knew Ngau Tau Gok and Kwun Tong were industrial areas and not where I would voluntarily visit in the past. However, the hotel was recommended and so I went along with it.

The hotel is very new and so it looks fantastic. It is not huge as the surface area is constrained by it predecessor - an industrial building. But they used the space cleverly. I had a room on the 30th floor to the side (more spacious than the other rooms) with a fabulous view of Kowloon Bay and the Island in the distant. The room was well equipped and quiet. The minibar, mainly non-alchoholic drinks, was free which was very nice. Two bottles (500ml) of water were provided everyday, also free. The bed was comfortable and there was adequate storage space. The bathroom with just a (powerful) shower, was tastefully designed with a clever "vanity window screen" - you will know what I meant when you get there!

The rooftop swimming pool was small, but I was the only guest there most of the time, so it felt very private. The view from there (35th) was grand - a 270 degree view of the harbour. There is a changing room nearby with shower facilities. The gym is very small, just a few machines and some weights. But enough to keep the regime going. It's a holiday, so don't spend the whole day there! Within the gym area is the snack station, with healthy snacks and some drinks. You can have a decent expresso out of the machine here, too. I bought my own milk from the local 7 Eleven as I cannot stand the white powdered stuff! The view you look onto as you cycle or run is as good as it gets.

The Terrace on the 3rd floor was ok. The veiw from there was not great - surrounded by other highrise buildings. But I think it is mainly used as a reception area for the function room.

I only ate in the restaurant on the 2nd floor once - buffet lunch. It wasn't bad at all. The service staff was curteous and they couldn't apologise enough for not having one particular item I wanted.

All members of staff I came across were very polite and helpful. They tried hard to make my stay comfortable and were all very responsive. The hotel provides free transfer from Kowloon Station at which the Airport Express stops. Look on their website to find out exactly where you need to go to wait, as it is not the same place as the other free (K numbered) hotel shuttle buses. The buses run to a timetable and it takes an hour get to the hotel.

There wasn't many restaurants in the surrounding areas at first glance. But in fact, there are plenty. APM Centre - 10 mins away - has several floors of restaurants. One stop on the MTR to Kowloon Bay is the Telford Centre/Plaza. Inside which are loads of places to eat, although western food is a bit thin on the ground.

The location didn't present too much of a problem after all. A ride of 25 minutes on the MTR will get you to Mong Kok and Yau Ma Tei. In fact I was glad to be staying there, since much of the area near Kwun Tong MTR Station was earmarked for demolition. An historic area, albeit not very photogenic, is disappearing very soon. So I was pleased to be able to walk around and experience the sights, sounds and smell before it is replaced by another tall, sparkling, trendy, but oh-so-bland, shopping and commercial centre.

I really enjoyed staying here and I will be more than happy to come again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Pibochen
Dear Pibochen

Thank you for sharing your experiences with other exciting travelers via TripAdvisor platform and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. When you plan for a revisit, please feel free to check out our exclusive accommodation and dining offers available on our hotel website. We looking forward to welcoming you at L’hotel élan again soon for another memorable stay.

Cumbria
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Overall the hotel is very good. The rooms and large, clean and the bed just right (for me) however the location been some distance outside the main tourist area (but only a few minutes from the tube station) is something that needs to be looked at by anyone staying here.

If I was to stay in Hong Kong again would I come back? Sorry no, I would book a hotel close to Hong Kong MTR station. Great for transport links and a good location overall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
lhotel_elan_hk, Director of Sales & Marketing at L'hotel elan, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear eddiehig

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and we are glad to hear that you have had a comfortable stay with us. Other than easily accessible public transportation, our hotel also provides complimentary daily shuttle bus service to Mongkok, Kowloon Station, and Tsimshatsui for guests’ convenience. Our team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked 2 rooms and spent 4 nigths at this hotel (14 - 18 Sept 2013). Located near Ngau Tau Kok MTR which is already walking distance with our HK unlce house. before arriving Hk i emailed the hotel to request for early check in. Our request is granted though 1 room but we are happy cos the 2nd is available 1.5 hr later (2pm) which is also considered early. Rooms are great and are huge. Also informed hotel (Ms Suki Wong) that i will be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary upon arrival. on the 2nd night the manager (Jerry) on duty has left a message for me to return call. so thoughtful the hotel has actually planned for a cake for us. thank you Jeyy

Room Tip: request for higher floor facing the harbour
Dear May T

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that our team has made your stay memorable and your particular praise about our teammate Jerry is gratefully received. When you plan for your anniversary celebration next year, you may also want to consider our exclusive élan duplex package that is available on our hotel official website! Our team and I look forward to welcoming you again at L’hotel élan again!

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The perfect hotel! Very beautiful and unusual design. Located very close to the metro station. We all really enjoyed it. Great pool with a beautiful view. The gym on the 35th floor. Cleaning every dent, regular change of bed linen and towels and cosmetics. Let's go back to Hong Kong in this hotel!

Dear Rodins1509

Thank you for your lovely comments and we are thrilled to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay with us! On your next visit, please feel free to check out our latest accommodation and dining offers on our hotel official website! Our team and I hope to see you again soon!