Check Inn HK
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$856
$584
The Peninsula
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$186
$151
Agoda.com
$239
$201
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$206
$561
$380
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$280
$233
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$101
$71
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdorm roomperfect hostelcheap taximeet other travellershelpful stuffmixed dormrooms and common areasdim dim sumwan chai districthot waterreception floorelectrical outletsrestaurant recommendationssim cardsgood nights sleepmetro stationenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Check Inn is a wonderful place to start your adventure! We stayed at Check Inn last year when we were in between flats. Out of the three hostels we've stayed in on the Island, Wincent's is by far the best. It's clean, safe and is an easy way to meet other travelers. Definitely worth the money!

Room Tip: The dorms are inexpensive and safe, although they can be a bit noisy, depending on who you're sharing the room with.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

In this super-expensive city, finding a decent place to stay that is affordable can be a big challenge.
For the money, Check Inn is a good bet. While it can be considered a bit cramped, it's very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. I wish the bunks, (8 in a small room) had privacy curtains and reading lights, but oh well...
The location is superb. Very close to the metro, the trams, and the A11 airport bus. Plus, it's a short walk from the Star Ferry and surrounded by good restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leo F
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Helpful and really friendly staff!! Stayed in 8 bed dorm. Nice bed and clean. Small bathroom/toilett but clean and with hot water. Free use of computers. Free water and banana. It's good value for à hostel in HK. I liked the lokation on HK island. I recommend it!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank MyJosefin
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed in various inns before, but this inn sure left a great experience.

Vincent and his spouse were so friendly! Our friends n I, 16 of us stayed here in this inn, and they were so hospitable to all of us. the facilities and everything is good too!@

i would strongly recommend this for young travellers who are keen to play at hong kong!
and its convenient place too!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm not picky about places, but one thing that is really important to me is a good pillow. So, I used to travel with a sleeping bag, as it was particularly useful for cold bus rides, dirty bedding, or uncomfortable pillows. You can bunch it up and mold it to your head. I really, really wish I had one during my stay at Check Inn. That's my only complaint. Seriously.

The folks that run this place are great. They're friendly, helpful, and do their best to accommodate arrival times. Late flight? No problem, they'll be waiting to check you in!

I stayed in a private room, with private bathroom, with my boyfriend. I was actually impressed by the size of the room, considering everything in HK is compact. The hot shower is lovely (give it 5 minutes to warm up!) and...there's a blow dyer (ah yes, the little things!), which we used to heat our room (go figure, we were there when it was unseasonable cool). The free bananas and water was a really nice touch too!

Check Inn is really close to major subway stations, expat party area (I think) and restaurants. The location is great. You can get to anywhere you want to go, without worry.

So, if you're looking for somewhere relatively inexpensive, in a good location, with friendly staff, I'd highly recommend Check Inn. We stayed there twice :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple