Took the 629 bus from Admiralty MTR outside Lippo towers.
Probably got here too early but did not have to contend with the hordes of tourists who arrived later. If I could do it again, I would:
1. Still Arrive early.
2. Go to the Grand Aquarium - spend 1/2 hour - preferably in silence.
3. Head to the Summit via cable car - snag your own and enjoy the views.
4. Polar encounters - seals, a lonely walrus, penguins. Nice to see them when there aren't too many people around.
5. Jelly fish.
6. Rides - I did: Hair raiser, The Dragon, The Mines, Raging River. Would do these again and work up the courage to try the other rides. These rides have the unexpected side effect of helping you to stop thinking about work. Highly recommended.
7. Ocean Park Tower - great 360deg views.
8. Visit the attractions I missed - Pacific Pier and Atoll Reef. Would give the sturgeons a miss.
9. Head back down to the waterfront and see the Pandas! There are 2 enclosures which are both tightly patrolled to ensure the tourists don't make such a ruckus - bonus for me. Amazing Asian Adventures is where the younger 2 pandas live - they are pretty young and active. I watched them for about 45 minutes. They must not get too much nutrition from the bamboo because that is almost all they do - eat. There were red pandas too but these were very shy and I only got a brief glimpse of one. They looked very cute too. In the Hong Kong Jockey club sponsored panda enclosure were the 2 older pandas - one of these seemed to be asleep for most of the day. The other, well he looked just sad. Don't know what the baseline respiratory rate is for these animals but he looked like he was short of breath.
10. The goldfish - well only if you want to "marvel" at how these fish have been selectively bred for their ridiculous features - we don't need genetic engineering of the future to see how badly it can turn out!
11. Go back to the Grand Aquarium but there will probably be hordes of noisy, rude tourists by now.
12. Give the shows a miss - they are not great. The food didn't look good so I had Mcdonalds - which was more expensive than downtown. The park is not very well signposted but the unexpected benefit is a good workout. The latter 3 reasons are why this attraction is 4 stars and not 5. Overall, highly recommend - even for people without kids and traveling alone! Also great value for money. Definitely do this if you don't want yet another day of shopping. It is much much better than Disneyland.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.