Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The location of the Wag Fat hostel is pretty good, it's walking distance from the MTR station. Opposite of the road, there is a supermarket which is quite convenient for self-caterers. There are also many restaurants and possibilities to go shopping around. Staff is usually friendly and helpful. It's not a real hostel with a common area but rather dorms in apartments.

Date of stay: August 2011
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank TripReporter177
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Well, Wang Fat is a hostel. Don't expect extravagant space and service like a 5-star hotel. I liked it. My family and I stayed here for 4 nights. The location is nice, 2-minute walk from the MTR Station. Surrounded by convinience stores, department stores and restaurants. The place is small and a bit cramped. The room for 5 people is too small, but we really didn't mind. The place is clean anyway. Good air conditioning system and I liked the hot shower. Though, they don't give you extra toilet paper heheh. The person in the help desk is very friendly and accommodating to our questions. There were free maps/guides in the lobby. I think, I wouldn't mid going back in here. :)

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I've been here twice to renew my Chinese work Visa. The first time was okay (the room wasn't great but was average). The second time we came they gave away our room and tried to put us in a shared room with a bunch of other men who (my partner was not impressed). They tried to give us a more private room but we were having none of it. We asked for a private room and they gave us a small one person room with a tiny bed and said it was all they had, take it or leave it (our company was paying for it so we had little choice). The bathroom smelled of mold and the shower didn't work. The toilet barely flushed. It was disgusting.

NEVER STAY HERE.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RyanP53
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had a million questions for these guys and they had an answer for everything! When I couldn't find a local printing they even walked me to it to make sure I found it.

The rooms were basic but clean and there was a great social area on the 3rd floor to meet people.

Definitely would recommend!

Room tip: The larger dorm rooms share a single bathroom between many rooms. The smaller dorm rooms have an ensuite, definitely worth the extra money.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank m0n2012
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed here in december 2011 and paid 480 HKD per night (inflated for Christmas period) for a double room with an ensuite bathroom/showeroom. Room is cell-like and the other ones I was shown prior to the one I stayed in were all of the same size (just about fits a double bed). Rooms are spread over multiple floors. The ones lower down are slightly cheaper but they are not well maintained / cleaned and are closer to the street which will make them very noisy. We stayed on the 10 floor and we found it alright (we could still hear the traffic though). The location is great, very central and well connected to the tram & subway lines. However, most hostels in hong kong island bear the same benefit (as the public transport system is so good in HK). Cleanliness of the room was mediocre: floor was not cleaned and cockroaches made plenty of surprise visits on our bed.

Overall you dont get much for your money and if I returned I would consider forking out a larger sum for a room to get something back.

Room tip: Higher you go the less noisy it is. Dont commit until you see a room that you like. Standards vary significantly.
Date of stay: December 2011