“Recommended”

DimDimSum Dim Sum Specialty Store (Wan Chai)
Ranked #52 of 8,204 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: DimDimSum Awards[1] 2012 NEWSWEEK FOODIE AWARDS - 101 BEST PLACES TO EAT IN THE WORLD[2] TimeOut Hong Kong 2011 - Food and Drink Awards: Best Dim Sum
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Recommended”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I've been to several dim sum places in hong kong, this place is one of the best, won many awards from several media over the years. The food is great and the price is fair.

I just wish that the store (wan chai store) is bigger so we got wider space and bigger table for all the dim sum we ordered. Like most street stores in. Hongkong this place is crammed with table and people. And the place is quite far from the nearest metro, but it's hong kong - so you'll be entertained by stores, mall and markets along the way.

Dim dim sum is a must try for everyone that wanted to taste the local authentic dim sum experience.

1 Thank Alvin R

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Raleigh, NC
“Excellent Dim Sum Restaurant”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I saw the recommendations and accolades for this place on Tripadvisor and since I was staying at the Holiday Inn Express a few blocks away, I had to try this place. I wasn't disappointed at all. Some of the best Dim Sum I've had in a long time and the price was quite reasonable. They do have an English Menu and the staff speaks a limited amount of English, so if you don't speak Cantonese or Mandarin, you should be OK here.

I had 3 types of Dim Sum, Steamed Pork Buns, Beef Balls and Shrimp Dumplings ... all were very tasty and larger than I expected. I had a hard time finishing it all. The Tea, which came as a mandatory 3 HKD Tea charge was actually quite good to wash down my Dim Sum

The place is definitely no frills ... you come here for the Dim Sum.

My check, including tea came to 52 HKD ... Hard to beat that for an early lunch.

• Visited August 2014
Auckland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

After reading the reviews I had higher expectations than were warranted. I made a special effort to track this down but left thinking it over rated. I have had better by far in Australia & NZ

Visited August 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I have done and will continue to come here on every trip to HK. The dim sum is fantastic and so cheap! Not much English spoken but there are English menus and this visit I even noticed they had English picture menus! The staff are friendly and will do their best to understand us tourits who do not speak their language! Yes they get you in and out. But who cares, we ate here every day for lunch on our last trip. And were very pleased with everything! Thank you!

Awards:

Rice Paper rolls with Beef 3pcs $3
Deep fried prawn wontons 3pcs $2.50
Mushroom, chicken & bok choy on steamed rice $3.50

SO CHEAP!
Cannot go past this little eatery!

• Visited August 2014
Sydney, Australia
“One of the best!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had dim sum every morning for our recent trip to Hong Kong and before we went to Dim Sum Square (Sheung Wan) we thought this place was the best. Great choices of Dim Sum and all very tasty. We ordered loads and it was so cheap (120 HKD) and I would definitely recommend it but unfortunately it was beaten out of being the absolute best by Dim Sum Square for both taste and selection. We did order the piggy buns and they are cute but they are just yellow bean paste buns and I'm not a big fan of them.

• Visited July 2014