All reviewsbed dormcauseway bayfree massage chaircommon roommixed dormyesinn hostelrooftop areabottom bunkfemale dormown bathroomcommon areasflights of stairshysan placetimes squarelocation is greathot watermtr station
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spent a lot of time picking this hostel in HK, was keen to avoid the 'mansions' and the feeling of being cramped.
Yesinn was perfect, private building, something of a rarity for HK hostels and despite 9 people in the room, it never felt crowded or too much. Private bathroom was well kept, cleaners visible every day in room and around hostel.
Staff were friendly and accommodating.
Yesinn's best feature has to be the roof top terrace, I had several nights up here chatting to other travellers and the relaxed outdoor atmosphere was very enjoyable. Definitely a social hostel for people like myself travelling solo.
Location of the place is great, very little Orientation is needed and you are a stones throw from the MRT/ Convenience stores/ Plentiful food places and Causeway Bays many shops.

My only issue was with the temperamental washing machine, I had to effectively pay twice as on the first deposit machine would not operate. There are a lot of instructions/ notices regarding machine use on the wall, less quantity and more quality would be effective here. No major setback!

All in all - a great, value for money, well located and clean place where you can chill out. Meet like minded travellers or just spend some time to yourself.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JimmyEnn
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Really clean hostel, even though there were 9 people sleeping in the room it was really tidy. The small curtains in every bed gave some extra privacy. Really good location, quite quiet even though really centrally located.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I just came back from spending in a 9 mixed dorm room and changed to 21 mixed dorm for 6 nights, 7 days. This is MY FAVOURITE hostel so far! I've been travelling for the past 4 years, and this hostel was more like a mini hotel on a great budget. I've never been to one so clean, well polished, and really chic. I loved that the beds each had their own curtain (great for privacy) and I didn't mind sleeping on the bottom or the 2nd level. They were super comfortable beds and the bathroom was amazing! The cleaners cleaned and swept everything every day. I also LOVED the shower, I definitely took advantage of the hot shower and spent my time in there (sorry for anyone who was waiting).

I chose YesInn mainly because of the raving reviews and it didn't disappoint. I also chose it because as a budget traveller and just having finished my teaching contract, I was saving money. It's SO CHEAP for everything that you get (free water, tea, coffee, WONDERFUL location, cleanliness, excellent service, comfy beds) and I visited one of my friend's hostel and while I paid only $17 a night in 21 mixed, they were spending around $30 and it wasn't half as great! I can't recommend this hostel enough. It blew me away with everything that it provided.

The 4th floor balcony and the 9th floor garden were great places to meet others as well as the lounge. Although it could be bigger, the lounge was like a small cafe to easily talk to others. The elevators were a bit slow and annoying, but I don't mind waiting for a min or two. Not so picky on that as long as my space for sleeping and showering were nice. I personally thought that staying in the 21 dorms would be a bit of a nightmare because that's just so many people in one room. However, I was really lucky to have met friendly travellers and most of the time, everyone who's staying in a hostel have manners to respect your space and I didn't have a huge problem with noise. Best sleep! I also met a friend there who lived in the single room and I must admit, it's really tiny and there's no bathroom- you'd have to go outside to the public ones (a bit inconvenient).

I had a fabulous time walking around there! Location is everything and YesInn at Causeway was perfect. Easy walking distance to metro, times square, forever 21, cheap local food everywhere, shopping at the big malls, and the stanley market mini buses literally right outside of the door. Was easy access to everything. Had a wonderful and memorable time meeting everyone, it was like our own big family. Thank you for the great hostel and experience. Please keep up the efforts and work! It's deeply appreciated!

P.S. - Having your own spacious lock and security card were so thoughtful! Felt my stuff were well safe!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mirage A H
Reviewed March 25, 2013

9 to a room, but very private considering. Comfy bunks, nice bathroom, rooftop garden for hanging out. Not for everyone, but the proximity to everything, including the MTR makes it a winner. Great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank DocTorrance
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was nervous about the large amount of beds per room but it was never an issue. The other guests were respectful and quiet. We spent little time in the room as we were out doing things but it was an excellent base to come back to.

• Stayed: March 2013