“Good location but a real dorm, somewhere dirty”

Yesinn Causeway Bay
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed 5 nights there with my friend and would like to note the perfect location, MTR is close, plenty of shops along Lee Gardens road and Hennesy road.
The guesthouse itself is good - bed linen is clean and changed regularly, the furniture is new, there are safety boxes with a special key.
But I would like to point out that during my stay:
- I didn't see the staff cleaning or vacuuming the floor so it was covered with hair of my neighbours.
- The bathroom was dirty because of grubbiness of girls, some girls put used tampons into a bag and hung it on a hook. It happened since there was no garbage bag in the bathroom.
- And don't take the lowest bed as you will sleep right on the floor, the mattress is soоооо thin. Imagine you are sleeping on that kind of bed when suddenly you hear shuffling steps and legs right near your head.
- Every night it was a problem to sleep because of late coming, taking showers at 2-3 o'clock at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Yesinn Causeway Bay

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice and lovely hostel right in the middle of the city. It's really just in front of the metro station of causeway bay, and I've stayed there for 5 nights with my friends (total of 3 people). Our stay was awesome, thanks to the staff, very friendly and helpful. The place is nice as it shows on the pics. We were on the 8th floor, and from there no noise from the city was too loud, and we could sleep perfectly. I had the bottom bed, that could seem a little bit too low, but it was confortable. The room was well organised and we could move without problems. The lobby was always full of people, in case you want to meet new people.
The room was cleaned every day, even though sometimes it wasn't perfect, still, the standard was pretty high. Sheets were provided by the hostel and they were clean and fragrant.
In other words, there's nothing that I can possibly complain about!
Like, like, like!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erica G
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It cost me a lot of money to share a room with 8 other people. The bathroom was extremely dirty and I slept on a memory foam topper (not even a real mattress) right on the floor. No Bed frame, nothing. I was really disappointed and the service was horrible. Believe me when I say I go to Hong Kong all the time and will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank thepoetictraveller
Reviewed February 16, 2013

stayed for about a week just after the start of chinese new year. facilities are very clean, and the location is very convenient - it's a short walk to the closest causeway bay metro entrance, and causeway bay is a fun area with some nearby cheap eateries as well as many fancy shopping options. there are many common areas for meeting other people staying in the hostel, including a rooftop garden! beds were clean and fairly comfortable, there's wifi everywhere (plus 2 computers for use in the main common area), and the staff were very helpful (and someone is there 24/7). beds are fairly comfortable, water in the showers was always hot, and your keycard to get into your room corresponds to a locker to keep your stuff stowed away. each bed has several international plugs and a light, so you don't have to fight with your dorm mates over charging your things! only complaint, as others have mentioned, is that you have to go up a flight of steps before you get to the elevator - frustrating for those with wheeled suitcases, though i had a backpack so it was less of an issue for me. one of the best hostels i've stayed in!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lindsey B
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 10 days for the Chinese New year and loved it, this place is purpose built (not some converted apartments like most) with a lot of thought gone into the details!

The staff were very friendly and available 24/7, they can give advice and even help you get a visa for China! In reception there is strong wifi, free tea and coffee all day, and a drinks fridge with items for sale (can beer 10HK$) communal kitchen and 2 computers for guests to use for free! And my fav is the massage chair which has several preset routines, great after a long day of sight seeing.

I stayed in the 21 bed mixed dorm, I was worried about noise and the que for the bathroom but this was not the case! Lights got turned off after 11pm and everybody tip toed around (guess I was lucky) all the beds had private curtains and multiple sockets which take plugs from most countries so no need for adapters.

If you wanna meet people the reception or the rooftop are great everyone was willing to chat, in the bedrooms most people kept to themselves!

Every mornin a team of woman cleaned the place from top to bottom, so the place was spotless. They have WiFi routers on every floor just make sure your logged into the closest one on your floor!

2  Thank crasherkid
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 6 days and had a blast- Causeway Bay is a great location compared to Fortress Hill, and you can take a bus to Stanley Market right outside the hostel. The rooms were clean and the sockets near each bed was a blessing. I ended up liking Kowloon a lot, so I might look there as CB is a lot of upper-end shopping. However you're also within walking distance to the Happy Valley Racecourse, so if you are in town on Wednesdays you must go and check it out. Wifi was good too though it was intermittent on my floor (went to the lobby, which was actually a good incentive to meet people). Definitely a good price to pay for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank truediarist
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Read abt the rave reviews of this place and I sure wasn't disappointed. My only complain would be having to carry my luggage up several flights of stairs to the first level to catch the lift ...

The room was comfy enough for the price I paid and rather unique compared to all the other hostels I've been too.

The tri-decker arrangement of the bed was fairly interesting and I loved that they had a socket and reading lamp at each individual bed space..

There were tonnes of good food and fantastic shopping around the area which was a definite plus point in my opinion .

Would definitely consider staying there again in the future .

• Stayed: January 2013