“My kids love this museum”

Hong Kong Science Museum
Ranked #44 of 839 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Science Museum offers more than 500 exhibits, most of which are interactive to encourage exploration. With all the hands-on and engaging activities, it's the perfect way to spend an rainy day with the kids.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The kids love this museum as it offer many interactive displays and challenge the kids to participate. It is free on Wednesday and has recipricol agreements with other Science Centre memberships across the world. Easily could spend a day here with the kids.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A very good science museum. You can touch and play with 70% of everything here. Second time we have been here.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

There is just so much to see and do.it must surely be amongst the best of its type in the world.the only problem was that there were so many schoolchildren around that I did my get a chance to go on the exhibits till they had gone.every time I thought that I had finished I found another exhibition.I was there for 3hours which passed alas all to quick.there are some unusual exhibits such as health and safety at work.so if you avoid the kids you will get to go on everything without waiting.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We came here by Mac 2012.When the time we came we were so lucky it was free entry because it will free to public on a particular day.But if you want to enjoy the 3D show you need to purchase additional ticket.We decided not to see the show.There are lots of things inside the museum.We were able to touch,to try,to play many scienticfic innovation items,you will not feelling bored because it is suitable for adults too.The important is that you love sceince and space.My kids were
very happy.We spend about 3-4 hours here.

1  Thank hweeying
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A really great place to visit with kids (when I visited mine were 11 and almost 9, both science museum veterans). A lot of variety of displays to look at, mirrors to pose in front of and enjoy the cool effects, puzzles to work out, electricity, bubbles, etc etc. Very interactive and a lot of fun - would suit both those inclined to sit and read and those who are too impatient for anything that doesn't involve being active. Also a really nice change from sightseeing, and can break up a holiday nicely.

Only negative was lack of food available - we had assumed there would be a cafe but there was not so had to wait until going across to the History Museum to eat - so definitely worth taking snacks or at least making sure you eat before - although it is a sign of how great it is that my kids had not had breakfast before (as planned to eat there) and still lasted 4.5 hours!

Would definitely recommend timing your visit for a less busy time - in our case we visited first thing on a Sunday - for the first few hours it was very quiet and we were able to do almost everything without waiting (or when waiting, just a minute or two), enjoy the mirrors alone (recommend doing this first as makes for some great photos) etc - in the last hour or two it was noticeably more crowded, but we were still able to find lots to do, and get to everything in the electricity display.

1  Thank Cathy O