Shamrock Hotel
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$436
$433
$367
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$476
Cordis Official
$261
  • Restaurant
Metropark Hotel Mongkok(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$314
$465
Agoda.com
$714
  • Pool
All reviewsjordan stationnathan roadaustralian dairynight markettemple streetexcellent locationkowloon parkwalking distanceexit cnoodlestaxi standnathan rdladies marketbus stoppleasant staybasic hotelminute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My overall experience was good, its a good clean hotel, very well located just next to Jordan MTR. Being so closed to MTR helped me a lot in daily travelling. Breakfast was good and had good number of choices. Being vegetarian normally i don't get too many choices in most hotels but they had great varieties.

The negative of hotel is room size, very small rooms, bathrooms was also very small. Hardly any space to walk in room, but i believe room size is an issue in most of the Hongkong hotels. Lobby was also very small. Staff was good.

If anybody wants to closely see lively Nathan road or life of Tsim Tsa Tsui, than this is good choice, however this is not good choice for those who wants a hotel in peaceful and silent surrounding. I wanted to live near this one of the most dynamic lively part of Hong Kong and hence enjoyed it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Me and my Darling stayed here last May 2-6. Very nice staffs, breakfast was awesome... Very nice and clean room... I want to say thank you to Tracy, for being patient with our reservation inquiries... Hotel location is perfect.. Nearby restaurants, food chains, malls and the ladies market. Will surely come back here on our next vacation.. Highly recommended... Thumbs up...

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were a bit skeptical after reading some so so review but pleasantly surprised at Shamrock. The location is excellent, right next to Jordan MTR station on the famous Nathan street with lots of shops and restaurant, across the street from the mall. The room is small but decent for Hong Kong. For us, we complained about the A/C system in our room and we were upgraded to the suite. The room was clean and the front desk/ bellboys/ concierge were polite and eager to help.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights with my family and overall I guess the place was okay, nothing too over the top special or extravagant.

Exterior wise: I have to admit I thought the place was a bit small, (we're a family of six :P). The lobby was simple. The staff there are all very helpful and I have to praise the doorman there who is always ready to help 24/7. Theres also a small ramp at the entrance to help people on wheelchairs or with children strollers. Only negative aspect of the lobby was that it's was too small. Since the hotel only supplied wifi to certain people in a particular floor level, the lobby was usually occupied by people using the wifi there for free. It's especially loud and populated during check in's.

Location: Oh and this might be obvious for some, but there's no parking space at the front like other hotels. This might be awkward for those who need to meet up with their tour bus guide. On the bright side, the hotel is situated right at the centre of the city and within walking distance to the night market. This is perfect for those who enjoy night strolls in the city.

Room: We stayed in 1 double room and a family room. The room was decent and simple in design (white sheets, white pillows) but was well equipped, including TV, fridge, kettle, hair dryer, air conditioning, small closet etc. I admit the room was quite comfortable and the rooms offered a nice city landscape view.

We also had bed&breakfast at that hotel. Since were kind of cheap, :P we decided not to go for the buffet breakfast, and opted for their daily breakfast meal instead. Some days it consisted of toast, scrambled eggs, and sausages or others it would be fried rice. Only negative comment about that was the scrambled eggs weren't too cooked and runny to be honest... I don't know.... Maybe I'm just being weird? :) Oh and it was a torture seeing others eat the delicious looking buffet meal! I'm definitely splurging on that buffet next time I come back~

Overall, I thought the stay was quite pleasant and comfortable. The staff were all very helpful and the most important thing, can communicate in English fluently. *thumbs up* They were able to give any assistance or directions we needed. But I think it's location was what won me over completely!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shaly B
Reviewed April 30, 2014

stayed in shamrock hotel for 4 nights.. the location is superb.. the staffs are courteous and always willing to help. the room is decent and clean.. will definitely use this hotel again in the future..

• Stayed: April 2014