“Perfect sleep space in the city that really never sleeps”

OZO Wesley Hong Kong
Ranked #79 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Wellington
“Perfect sleep space in the city that really never sleeps”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I only need a few things in a perfect hotel - cleanliness, comfortable bed, good water pressure, privacy, darkness at night time and peace and quiet. This hotel delivers on everything.

Add in friendly staff, great location and free wifi and this is a must-stay.

From check-in, we arrived at 830am off an overnight flight and as there was a room ready, we were able to take a shower immediately - BLISS!

Ozo Wesley is located within walking distance of two MTR stops. Don't spend $100s on a taxi from the airport. Catch the Airport Express to Hong Kong, transfer to the Island line to Admiralty, Exit D, follow the signs to 3 Pacific Place (underground walkway), pop up the escalators, turn right, cross the road, the hotel is on cnr of Anton St and Hennessey Road. Faster, cheaper and so much less hassle. Trams and buses are also very convenient.

A great place to use as a base while exploring the Island and Kowloon. Wan Chai and Causeway Bay are full of great shops, markets and restaurants and when it is all too much noise/lights/smells then escape to your perfectly housekept room for a break then back out again.

Extras - fridge in room (no mini-bar), coffee/tea making facilities, reasonable wardrobe, little sitting area, air-con, city view, stylish/modern decor (the hotel is almost new), loads of fresh white linen.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kiwitrip
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Kiwitrip,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review in regards to your recent stay with us.

Lovely to see that you even took the time to provide a detailed instruction to get to our hotel by MTR. Indeed, the hotel location is very convenient and I am very happy to see you had a good time exploring the city.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

OZO redefines what reasonably-priced urban hotels ought to be.
Tastefully decorated from lobby to restaurant to rooms
Very comfortable beds
Bright and vibrant rooms
High quality bathroom with top fittings
Free WIFI all over the place
Extremely well trained employees with an extra dose of conviviality.
Great location, only walking distance from central Hong Kong

1 Thank Jet18
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Jet18,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review about your recent stay with us.

We are very happy to hear you like the design and the location of our hotel, and found the bedding to be very comfortable. Your positive feedback to the team is very encouraging and they strive to be better each day.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcoming you back soon.

Your sincerely,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We checked into the Ozo for 4 nights and extended our stay to 6 nights. The room is clean, efficient, modern, and super comfortable. The location is ideal (near the water, close to central, great restaurants, a close walk to the MTR). Compared to the other hotels I researched in the area, this is by far the best value. The whole experience was lovely from start to finish. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lelaily
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Lelaily,

Thank you so much for giving us a 5-star review on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room and location to be the ideal choice of your accommodation in Hong Kong.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

"Rest Assured" - What an apt phrase to describe our experience at the hotel.

From check-in to check-out, OZO left us with an experience that we will not forget.

Pros:
- Beautiful and artistic decor
- Clean and well-lit rooms
- Extremely comfortable beds and pillows
- Simple and good breakfast at O2GO
- Fantastic and dedicated staff that will assist in any way they can
--> What more can we ask for?

Cons:
- Shower has no door/curtain to stem the water from spraying out onto the bathroom floor
- -> That's pretty much about it!

** Please thank Jasmine and her morning shift team for all their help and assistance! =)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Benedictsiu,

Many thanks for your wonderfully positive review about your recent stay at OZO Wesley Hong Kong.

We appreciate that you call us "fantastic". We would like to think that in the hotel industry, there is every day things that can be improved and feedback such as yours certainly encourages our team to try every day to delivery the best service possible.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

To provide you some background information, I am a frequent business traveller spending at least 150 days every year away from home.

I have never written a TripAdvisor review before and I am rather compelled to give one to this property.

As I am away from home very often (perhaps a bit too much), trying to make myself comfortable wherever I go is mandatory. Naturally, I would opt for five-star hotels or high-end serviced apartment options. Four-star or below properties usually won’t be in my consideration.

Somehow, all higher-end hotels properties as well as serviced apartments in Central were fully booked during my two weeks visit in Hong Kong in October. Without any choice, I have to look at Ozo Wesley. To be honest, I did not give much expectations initially but I was certainly pleasantly impressed by what they offer.

Yes, rooms are very small (welcome to Hong Kong) but they are practically designed to utilise every inch of space possible. In my own opinion, the layout is quite comfortable to me. The only thing I might vent about is the wardrobe which is a bit too small for a 12-day stay.

That said, I’m rather impressed by the fact that they are able to fit a very decent King-sized bed into the room with high-quality bedsheets, which we typically can only expect from five-star hotels. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The service staffs deliver promptly. But bear in mind that a little extra patience may be required as some of them don’t speak perfect English. They, however, have the right attitude to serve their guests by trying their very best.

One thing I’d like to point out is that I actually do like their concept of having a self-service F&B corner in the hotel lobby, as you can pick and choose what items you like and stock them in the empty fridge in your room. The prices are very reasonable.

I found the Chinese restaurant, Zaan, very decent as well. I had dinner once while I stayed at the hotel.

For the value for money and in terms of location, I would rate Ozo Wesley as an excellent property and I hope they will continue to maintain this level of consistency for many years to come.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Reagan C
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Reagan C,

Thank you very much for the great review and thanks for having shared your first tripadvisor review with the tripadvisor.com community!

We are continuously working on keeping our excellent service delivery. It is wonderful to know that you found our team members to be very attentive and courteous.

At the same time, we are happy to know that you have truly enjoyed O2GO (the take away corner) and ZAAN during your stay.

Thank you once again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back very soon.

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

In HK on business and chose the OZO based on price and location. It's close enough to the conference centre and Star Ferry terminal and the non-sleazy end of Hennessey. The place has been refurbished recently and still has a new feel to it. Reception is modern and friendly with Mac internet access. WiFi is also available in the rooms for free. I requested a room on a high floor to get away from any street noise in the night and this proved to be a good decision. The room was spotless with a queen sized bed, flat tv and a great shower room. Two complementary water bottles were provided each day. The shower was excellent, a necessity after walking around Hong Kong's streets and markets at the end of a long day. I didn't sample the breakfast in the Hotel's Zaan restaurant, instead, choosing the breakfast to go from the kiosk outside.
I tried the restaurant for dinner on the last night and although the food was good, the atmosphere was a little clinical, not helped by the roaring air conditioning. BTW the air conditioning in the room combined with the hum of the fridge was a bit noisy so I turned them off to sleep.
If I was to return to Hong Kong I would definitely stay here again. It was great value and very comfortable.

Room Tip: book high up for a quiet night
Dear Chris R,

We very much appreciate your valuable comments and thanks for the great review in regards to your recent stay with us.

It is wonderful to know that you are comfortable at our hotel and that you have enjoyed our service. At the same time, I am glad you enjoyed our take away outlet and dinner. Please do come back soon to try out some of the new dishes.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon.

sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I spent three nights here in mid November. Definitely a stark contrast to the JW Marriott to which I had become accustomed from previous work trips. The "dream room" was compact but they managed to squeeze in a table and chair. Seats by the window were a smart touch. Wardrobe was narrow. As the hanging rack ran inwards rather than horizontally across, I had to hang my suits in the order which I planned to wear them. The bar fridge was the cutest little fridge I have ever seen, with absolutely nothing inside. Tap water was muddy my first morning. Needless to say I did not try to make coffee/tea using tap water again after that. I was thankful for the 2 bottles of complimentary drinking water re-stocked daily. If you need more drinks, they are available for purchase near the reception area or else you could hop over to 7-Eleven around the corner. The bed and pillows were fine. I slept quite soundly as there was no unpleasant street noise. Overall, the hotel was clean (much to my relief) and, as a result, not an unpleasant experience. Though trying to get a cab at the end of my stay was a somewhat disorderly experience as they do not have a dedicated concierge desk to assist you with that or your luggage. Location is very convenient (100m to Pacific Place shopping) and felt quite safe compared to other parts of Wan Chai. In keeping with its minimalist business model, there was unfortunately, no room service for the weary traveller who would prefer to dine in.

1 Thank Stef G
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Stef G,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am happy to know that you have enjoyed the location of our hotel and the overall experience is a pleasant one. On the other hand, I would like to point out the area next to the Spot (reception) is a dedicated grab and go corner called O2GO. O2GO provides all the healthy choices of snacks instead of a traditional mini-bar. Guests are able to choose from freshly made sandwiches, fruit salad, fresh juice muffin, loaf cakes, and other healthy snacks.

We offer an “one-stop” service at the Spot (reception) where the team completes check-in, check-out, concierge and other guest services. We do not provide a dedicated bell desk service, in line with hotels of a similar standard, but our team makes every effort to assist where necessary. I apologize that you were not satisfied during your departure.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope to welcoming you back again in the near future.