“Newly renovated, small but efficient”

OZO Wesley Hong Kong
Ranked #72 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
NYC
“Newly renovated, small but efficient”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights, booked via TA so very good price. First night HK$1100, other two night less than 700! Moved out as price then jumped to 1300.

Soft opening, newly renovated, only floors 15-21 open. Non-smoking hotel is a plus, although tourists from China still super loud in the hallways. Rooms are small but this is HK. Good bed, excellent bath, room safe, work table/chair excellent, n large swinging flat screen tv. And free wifi. My only complaint is a/c LOUD, even on low setting, turned it off at night.

Location good, one block is Admiralty Three, short walk to Admiralty MRT. Wanchai MRT is also short walk - 10 minutes,via streets.

If you get special price, great value....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travl1234
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear travl1234,

Thank you very much for staying at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, your valuable feedback is highly appreciated.

We are happy that you have enjoyed the snooze zone (hotel room) and the location. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience that marred during your stay as a result of the noisy a/c. It is our utmost commitment to ensure our brand promise - sleep. dream. is delivered to the guests, thus, I have addressed this issue to the respective department to take serious action to resolve this concern.

Thank you once again for choosing OZO Wesley and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cliff Lee
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 12, 2013

A great refurbishment and contemporary styling. Liked this hotel from the moment I checked in, the management and staff are working hard to impress. I agree with comments already made about room size, but if you go for a suite you will be satisfied. Not too far from two stations and a cheap taxi ride to the airport express. I would advise anyone new to Hong Kong to use the express if staying in this area. Breakfast was of high quality (better than many 5 star that I have stayed) although not so many choices. The breakfast staff were excellent and the restaurant spacious and light. Would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: If staying for more than a couple of nights go for a suite rather than the rooms. Its well worth th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank walker17_11
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Walker17_11,

Thank you for the great review of our lovely hotel. Sharing your comments with our team is what makes us strive more for service excellence experience to our guests.

And we are delighted that you have enjoyed our breakfast. Hope you will get the chance to try our lunch or dinner next time, which serves modern Chinese food.

We hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you're looking for a good value, clean, convenient and comfortable room in Wan Chai then you can't go past this hotel. Be aware that there's no room service, you'll be carrying your own bag to your room and the rooms are small (but perhaps not unusually so for HK standards) but on the positive side, it's newly re-furbished with very comfortable bed and nice bathroom, the staff are competent and friendly and the breakfast (though limited in selection) is very high quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robbo6677
Dear Robbo6677,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. In response to our guests, we have decided not to provide room service, instead, we have a grab and go outlet called "O2GO" near the reception area in the lobby. You are welcome to purchase some homemade sandwiches or snacks anytime of the day should you feel hungry or just want a quick bite.

And we are glad that you have enjoyed our breakfast, please do let us know when you are in town the next time so that we can introduce our modern Chinese restaurant to you for lunch or dinner.

We hope to see you soon.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed June 26, 2013

During my stay at your hotel, I am glad that I make this good choice.
Something I would like to point out..When I checked in, your receptionist is being very helpful and kind to a curious traveler like me, I forgot his name, when I took a taxi away to airport express station, he also present. I would like to say thank you for being helpful and kind. You are welcome to visit Taiwan again. :)
Good location easy to hop on a ding ding tram to Causeway, and quite close to Hopewell centre.

Something need to improved:
1. I ask other receptionist how to go to Metropark Hotel Wanchai, because I want to go to the foreign currency exchange next to the hotel, your receptionist is responded to me that: "Usually we dont recommend guest go out for currency exchange", yes, I know that, but the thing is you hotel only accept USD 100, and I only have 50USD, and no exchange for NTD as well. The response is not really a pleasant one, If not recommending go out exchange, please offer me another option to get money without reject me directly.
2. There should be curtain out the shower room, otherwise when showering the water would keep spilling out shower room, the area is in front of toilet.
3. The breakfast is a bit lack of variety. it is not quite worth the price.
4. No Slipper in the room.. I assume it is necessary to have one? Or just my room without slipper?
5. Should bigger note paper in the room instead of the small one.

I still have a good experience from this hotel. Thank you so much for everything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EllenFly
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Ivyfan,

Thank you very much for choosing OZO Wesley Hong Kong and we are happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words have been shared with our team member, and this is always very encouraging.

I have noted the additional points you raised in your review in regards to some improvement needed, and I would like to briefly comment on them in the order you listed in your review:

We do apologize for the currency exchange confusion and shall be reviewing the detail with our Front Desk team. Likewise we take your comments about the breakfast choices seriously and the Kitchen Team shall look into this.

The interior designers took the view that a glass partition is both hygienically and esthetically more pleasing, hence the lack of a shower curtain. We do note your point about the wet floor though and we shall continue to monitor feedback.

Slippers are available upon request and we shall note this for your next visit. In our environmental drive, we have chosen to avoid as many disposable items as possible, we hope you understand. The same reason more or less is behind the decision to minimize the amount of paper placed in rooms (writing paper, envelopes etc)

Thank you once again for your detailed feedback and we do hope to see you again soon.

Singapore
Reviewed June 20, 2013

So glad I chose this hotel finally from my short listed 2. This is not a brand new hotel but because there was a change of management, the hotel has gone through a thorough refurbishment. The rooms are new and bright. When I was there in June, it was only 3 weeks old. The hotel is completely smoke free. What I didn't like about my room was the view even though I was upgraded to the 22nd floor. It was surrounded by tall buildings.

What I enjoyed the most is the location, new room and comfortable bed. Reasonable size as hong kong hotel rooms are generally small. It can accommodate a king size bed. Don't expect a big bathroom but for the price I paid, it's reasonable. It's well organized with basic amenities. Location is very convenient as there are lots of eateries along the way but mostly Chinese.

Wifi signal is strong but only one equipment allowed for logging in. Got to call them for another user id. So if you have 2 equipment each for 2 people in the room, then you need 3 extra user id. Not sure if you get it. Thought it was troublesome.

I would stay here again the next time, perhaps next week :))

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angela k
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Angela K,

Thank you for your review of our lovely hotel.

We are so happy that you chose Ozo as your home away from home. Indeed, the location is very convenient for eating, shopping and getting public transportation.

And we are glad that you very much enjoyed the bed and the newly refurbished room.

There are some local restaurants near by and you may find other International cuisine on star street or ship street, just a few minutes walking distance from our hotel.

We do provide complimentary wifi to our guests and 2 usage will be provided to two guests automatically. Should you need more wifi usage, please do not hesitate to request at the Spot upon check-in.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Bali
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed the colourful, bright and sunny room, the excellent facilities and patient, informative service at the reception desk. The breakfast was yummy too. The MTR is really close and the trams come to the door as well. A place to come back to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank LucyStar
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear LucyStar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to see you enjoyed the service and the breakfast! Hope you enjoyed our Daily Wow at the Boost (breakfast).

See you again soon hopefully.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Stay in June 2013. Just opened after change of ownership and re-model. Looks as though a complete renovation. I got an intro rate of ~HK$800. Room is small (this is HKG !), but the room is well organized. Good location. Wifi is very good.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank ShanghaidAgain
Dear ShanghaidAgain,

We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. It is especially nice to see you enjoyed the room and the area.

Hope to see you back here again soon.