5 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$122
Trip.com$114
Priceline$113
2,422 results
All reviews tuen mun satay inn balcony room cafe lagoon resort hotel shuttle bus swimming pool dinner buffet great pool shuttle service tsim sha tsui rooms are large chinese restaurant shopping mall facilities supermarket staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2014

I stayed here for three nights and the staff were above and beyond excellent. So why am I giving it only a "Very Good" rating? Well......the hotel was overrun with small screaming children who were allowed to run screaming through even their nicest restaurants and through their lavish lobby. They need to control that. Also, the hotel is a little bit older than some I have stayed at....but maintained nicely. The staff really made the difference and THEY were 5 star all the way. Would I stay here again? Absolutely! The value for the price was excellent.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business
Peary L, Manager at Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2014

Dear elicoz,

We are grateful to both your compliments and comments. It is motivation for us to strive for betterment and through constructive comments, we are able to review our operations closely and make improvement wherever appropriate. The areas that you kindly highlighted have been taken into consideration diligently by the management.

Please accept our sincere appreciation for your kind feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2014

We live in Central, Hong kong and we come here for the weekend occasionally for a good break from the hustle and bustle of city life. It's a five star hotel but slightly worn around the edges and a bit outdated. Last time we were there during the busy mid autumn festival, and we were given a room that smelled a bit moldy. We quicky escalated this to the front desk and they were able to change our room swiftly. Generally, the rooms are quite spacious for Hong Kong standards and have a great view of the ocean. They have a large pool with a separate pool for the children complete with a pair of water slides, making the adult side a bit quieter.

I'd recommend this hotel for a staycation. For tourists who come to Hong Kong and are thinking of solely staying at this hotel, I'd recommend getting somewhere else closer to the city center as this place is a good 45-60 minutes away and a trek to go anywhere else.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angelina S
Peary L, Manager at Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2014

Dear Angie M,

Reviewed September 27, 2014

Had a conference in the hotel for a couple of days last week. As usual in Asia, huge hotel lobby, that was nice. The lobby person gave us vouchers for breakfast, first small inconvenience. Breakfast, I could not get my Lemmon water, so quit asking on the second day of my stay.
Rooms quite ok, had a view on the harbor, what has spoiled it was the hurricane, that came around so we just could stay inside and see bending palms in the pool area by 30 degrees Celsius outside the air conditioned area.
Hotel has a nice garden, made my yoga asanas there 2x, and a nice pool, again just a pity, that we could not use the pool often because of the hurricane.
The beach right next to the hotel was quite dirty, so it is better to swim in the pool, rather then sea.
The store inside the hotel is very poorly equipped, luckily when going outside of he hotel and going always to the right, You will find a small shopping area with a ATM as well and a few restaurants.
In the hotel restaurant we tried dinner 2x, well to few vegetarian dishes...
So that is it, overall You can survive in there nicely for a while and we had a good company price for rooms as well...

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Miroslav_Sagan

Dear Miroslav_Sagan,

Reviewed September 23, 2014

I've stayed in the hotel during a business seminar and the hotel. The hotel is located at a remote location so if you're planning to be out downtown HK, then this is not the hotel to stay. The pool-area is nice and overall atmosphere good (with a local HK/Chinese vibe). The breakfast coffee could've been better but otherwise a resonable choice for travellers wanting to be outside of the city hazzling.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Peary L, Manager at Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2014

Dear ChrisFromFinland,

Thank you for your post and sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We are grateful to you for your kind words and we will continue to deliver quality service to our guests to meet their expectations.

We sincerely thank you for being our guest and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back here in the near future.

Best regards,

Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel

Reviewed September 15, 2014

I stayed here to do Disneyland and wanted a hotel with some food choices nearby and a convenience store as I was with a toddler. The piazza lured me to this hotel and also the idea of relaxing at the beach after a busy day at Disney.Disney was approx 20-25 mins by taxi. The hotel is by far a 4 star I would say not really a 5 star. The rooms are nice ( I got balcony room but would say it was pointless to use the balcony in the heat so normal room was fine ) and so are other areas such as the pool/ restaurants but definitely a bit dated. The hotel has a playground and a indoor play-area too which helps if you are with a child. They also had a child pool area with slides which was quite big. The attached piazza was below expectations for me , I din't find it as upmarket as advertised. The restaurant choices are many but I found them mediocre in food/ ambience.The supermarket and beach were good.I guess it served the purpose for this stay but next time I come to Disney I would stay in the city and not here.

Room tip: high floor to get marina view
  • Trip type: Traveled with family