“wonderful hotel”

Ranked #101 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel took about 30 minutes to get to by taxi from the airport. The hotel was comfortable and clean and had lovely views over a marina. The breakfast was good with a wide range of choice. The staff were efficient and there was free wi fi in the room. The room had a balcony which was pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 1Sussexgal
Peary L, Manager at Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear 1Sussexgal,

Thank you for your post and sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We are grateful to you for your kind words and we will continue to deliver quality service to our guests to meet their expectations.

We sincerely thank you for being our guest and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back here in the near future.

Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I really like staying at the Gold Coast and the Hong Kong Yacht Club it reminds me of Monte Carlo (less the Casinos). The food spread is great specially at night. Mornings are great with view of the boats while having morning coffee.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Manuel H

Dear Manuel H,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights when I attended a wedding at the nearby Yacht and Country Club and loved the area so hope to return some day. I had been to Hong Kong before but not to the Gold Coast so enjoyed being in a more relaxing area. The views from the hotel are stunning so do try to get a room with a balcony facing overlooking the marina. These rooms are only on the lower floors and I can recommend the one I stayed in which is room 304.
The rooms are large and comfortable but I am not sure that the cleaning is up to standard as when I dropped something and had to move the bedside cabinet it was very dirty behind it including someone's sweet.
The other criticism I have is the poor standard of the English spoken by a lot of the staff when the hotel purports to be an International hotel. Our group often had difficulty ordering in the bar and the same problem was sometimes encountered at Reception. That said when I had difficulty checking in for a flight late on my last evening I was fortunate to speak to someone on Reception whose English was perfect and who opened up the Business Centre for me. I have the feeling that English speaking people may not be a priority as customers as the hotel continues to post things on their Facebook page in Chinese.
I had a package which included breakfast which I can recommend. For evening meals there are plenty of places nearby. In fact strolling round the area is a real pleasure.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony facing the marina
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Peary L, Manager at Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear ThruppResident,

We are grateful to both your compliments and comments. It is motivation for us to strive for betterment and through constructive comments, we are able to review our operations closely and make improvement wherever appropriate. The areas that you kindly highlighted have been taken into consideration diligently by the management.

Please accept our sincere appreciation for your kind feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Ideal location for the industrial sector out of the centre but perfect business hotel for the power stations etc, great service from attentive staff, highly recommended, I didn't get any cockroaches in the room as a recent review did, but this is South East Asia with 100% humidity and 90 degrees heat! your gonna get roaches !

Room Tip: Try and get a harbour facing room with a balcomy
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Peary L, Manager at Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Steve C,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here for 3 night and it was beautiful, our room overlooked the marina. Our room was very spacious and the furniture was lovely, big bed and nice bathroom! There are lots of restaurants nearby to eat at, and all of the staff were welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna A

Dear Joanna A,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The rooms in this hotel are large and most have huge balconies. Ours had a 240 degree view of the boat harbour, the ocean, and the nearby hills. The hotel is very nice, but there are a lot of restaurants, shops, and 7/11s a short walk away for cheaper options. The beach is magnificent, it isnt natural but just pretend it is - god knows how they did it but they did it well. The hotel provides a shuttle service into the main drag or nearby shopping centres, and I appreciated the seclusion.

Room Tip: Just make sure you are facing the ocean, and perhaps elevated a few floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MightyHawks
Peary L, Manager at Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear MightyHawks,

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have booked 3 rooms using the Yahoo group discount rate (less than HKD$1000 per night). When I checked in the first room, I found a cockroach under the curtain, so I called the operator and she told me someone would come to check it out. We waited for about 10 mins, then I called again, and the operator told me someone would come asap. Then I waited for another 5 mins, and I called the Front Desk and asked to see if we could change to another room as we got 2 young children. At the same time 2 Housekeeping staff came with a spray and fixed the problem. A man from the Front Desk called again (probably a more senior staff) to apologize and said they were getting ready the adjacent room to make sure it's really clean before our relocation, and that a bellboy would come to help with the luggage. After a few minutes, the bellboy (with no facial expression) came and offered a new room key but not offering any service to help us with the luggage. Therefore we moved all things by ourselves and he said "you can close the door after you have moved out everything". Disappointedly the next morning, we found another cockroach from under the bed.

We also found insects in the other 2 rooms that our family were staying. However we didn't complain to the management afterall.

I've brought my son to the indoor kids playground, HKD$50 per 30 mins and HKD$80 per 1 hour for hotel guests. That is the only part that I like during the stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle C

Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for your post and taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us.

We are grateful to receive your comments. We will review with respective departments immediately and make improvement wherever appropriate. It is great motivation for us to strive for betterment and through constructive comments and criticism, we are able to review our operations closely.